Outdoor pavilion suggestions/advice

stevopike

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2020
Cypress TX
Hello-

I wanted to get some opinions on placement/configuration. I have a Green Egg I will be using, I am wondering if I should put it on the other end (closer the pool) than the current placement. The picture doesn't show it but I will have a sink and place for fridge. I am also having a gas stub out put in for later incase we want to switch to gas (or any other use for it). Also thinking I could attach a small fan if need be to move the smoke out from under the pavilion if needed.

My next question is where do you suggest I put the TV? Do I put it back under the pavilion (essentially against the house)? I think people in the pool could see since they will be a a lower viewing angle, but don't know about people sitting in chairs outside the pavilion. Or some sort of swivel mount in one of the corners nearer the pool? or......

And now that I am thinking about it, don't want the grill under the TV.

Any other thoughts or ideas regarding the pavilion appreciated.

pool.jpg

Hi! Welcome to TFP. We have lots of BBQers here, so you should get some good feedback.

The only thing that jumped out at me: I would not put a sitting area and a TV and a smokey BBQ all under the same roof. I have two overhangs. My BBQ is under the one closest to the door to the house, where I can get at it conveniently from inside or outside, and all year long, even when it's raining. So I can and do BBQ year-round. The other overhang is our outdoor dining area and where I would put a TV were I inclined to. I'm glad the smokey/smelly BBQ is not too close to where we eat.

I would move the egg closer to the pool. For the same reason as Dirk suggested it will blow smoke away from the house and people. You dont have to move it right to the edge, but definitely closer to the edge.

As for the TV just buy a good swivel mount that you can move around and tilt the TV and it will be great. We have one and move the TV around based on whether we are watching from the chairs, pool, or spa. Bigger is always better when it comes to TV. We recently changed out the 55” to a 70” and its awesome. When it breaks (and they all eventually do outdoors) we will put a 75”.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.