Outdoor bathtub is all I need...maybe slightly bigger (Buckeye, AZ New Build)....

Thanks Rob! I think they will look good but also allow me to access the plumbing if anything ever goes wrong. A full block/stucco wall would be much harder and more expensive to remove. Hopefully nothing goes wrong though:)

Actually....I have an important question that I need to decide on right away. The PB is letting me buy a couple mosaics for the Baja Steps. We are thinking about doing some 5" starfish on each step and the turtles on the large Baja step. So, my question is:

1. Is this a good idea or just one more place where the pebblesheen could fail? Have you heard of anyones pool finish failing around these in-water mosaics?
2. Do they look good long-term in pools?
3. Any other recommendations for the mosaics....aqua blue mosaics dot com seems to be the best prices I can find on the internet.
4. Is there really any difference between the hand painted, hand cut tiles or the screen painted, water cut tiles?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dig 3.pngDig 6.pngDig 5.png
Super came out yesterday and watered everything down. I'm a little concerned that it isn't quite deep enough. If the deep end is supposed to be 5' deep, how deep should it be before shotcrete?

Attachments

• Dig 4.png
    Dig 4.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 4
Remember that the WATER depth will only be half way up the skimmer face. Do some measuring with your PB there so you can show him what you are seeing.

Mosaics=FUN and please do it!! They will be a real accent piece!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been collecting boulders everything they dig a new foundation around me....It is quite the pile of rocks now!

IMG_3135.jpegIMG_3138.jpeg
IMG_3137.jpeg
They did the initial plumbing yesterday. It looks like the bubbler in the far baja step is not centered. It is at least 8" off center and looks terrible there. I've already emailed asking the Super to call me so we can get it fixed. The steel guys came early this morning and are already working. Not sure how hard it will be to move that pipe once the steel is done. I also don't see where the returns are going to be. Shouldn't those have been plumbed as well? The original diagrams had two on the far side of the pool but they didn't put any plumbing there. I get the that ground is hard but I need those returns.

We are expected to get up to an inch of rain this weekend. I am going to set up a sump pump in the deep end in a bucket with holes in it. I figure if I can keep the water down somewhat it might not be too bad. Any other suggestions? I'll post pic's of the steel work this evening.

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

So the metal work went pretty smoothly. The of course we were predicted to have a big rain storm today. I decided to try to protect the areas that could get washed off into the deep end. In the deep end I had a bucket I drilled holes in and had a sump pump. If the water got high enough I could just pump the water out and into the street through a couple holes. The plan actually worked very well. I have virtually no run-off into the deep end of the pool and didn't lose any of the baja steps. I think it rained a little less then expected which was great! The plumber is suppose to come back this week to install the returns and equipment. Then the electrical and then shotcrete. I can't wait to get to the shotcrete stage. Hopefully no more big rain storms before shotcrete. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how things are going so far....

They are moving the bubbler. They said it won’t be a problem to center it....I’m glad that wasn’t a fight. Hopefully that will all be done tomorrow. It would great if the plumbing and electrical got done this week.

Plumbing 1.pngPlumbing 2.pngPlumbing 3.pngPlumbing 4.png

The plumber worked until 7 PM last night. It was dark by the time I got home and was able to take pictures and he had already started to bury some of the lines. My main concern right now it that it looks like the system is losing pressure. It started out at 40 PSI, was around 38-39 last night when I took the picture above and was 36 this morning. Is this an obvious leak or since it only lost 2 psi overnight is that acceptable? I don't really know where those three valves go to yet. They also dug the electrical along the side of the house. I'm sure that the inspection is today. I paid the extra for sweeps instead of 90s and it does look like that is what he put in. Hopefully I'll get more pictures today when it is still light outside and before any more lines are buried. Anything else I should look for? Everything look good with the plumbing?

Jay, my only concern is those blue handled valves. (Forgive me if we’ve discussed this before) Those valves dry out over time and eventually break. A lot of people on this forum plumb better ones in to avoid the problems down the road.
I’ll ping Marty and he can better advise which ones to use. @mknauss

Conventional plastic ball valves fail pretty quickly. Especially if this equipment pad gets any summer sun at all.

The best valves to use are Jandy Never Lube, but they are more expensive. The next best is ball valves but use the ones that are repairable as they are installed with unions.

Do you know if the valves will need to be actuated often? You are better off if they are moved very often as that will help them last a bit longer, but regardless, the valve itself, or the handle, will fail fairly rapidly in you summer sun.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.