amityeric

Jul 2, 2021
Vancouver, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
We just bought a Splash-a-round 30x18 above-ground pool for our back yard. It took me a while, but I finally got it completely set up. Here is a video showing the entire project, from beginning to end. The only things I really left out were the pump setup, the ladder build and the solar cover reel (which is coming soon). Next summer I hope to build a deck on the lawn side of the pool. So far everything is functioning pretty well . . . just trying to figure out the water chemistry. I got some help from some folks in this forum, so thank you!

that is a huge pool! what a lot of work. are you going to be following TFP water testing/maintenance? do you have a good test kit?

Reactions: amityeric
that is a huge pool! what a lot of work. are you going to be following TFP water testing/maintenance? do you have a good test kit?

Hi there! When you say "TFP water testing/maintenance" do you have a specific article you're referring to? There's so much information on this site it's almost overwhelming. What I'm doing right now is going to the store about one time per week to get a water test. That's about the extent of my "maintenance." Maybe I should buy the TF-100 and do it myself. I haven't backwashed the filter yet either and it's been running for a few weeks. However, the pressure is still right at 10 or 11 and I keep the pool pretty darn clean. I skim it almost daily, vacuum it pretty regularly and also use the solar cover.

Maybe I should buy the TF-100 and do it myself. I
Maybe you like good results. Maybe you like saving truckloads of money. Maybe you like doing things the easy way and not the hard way. Maybe you’ll be so overwhelmed by this wonderful community that you’ll stick around to pay it forward.

(You already know boatloads more than me about setting up on of these pools. Well done BTW. They sell like hot cakes. We could use your help).

Read up where you can, start here. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

get a tf100 and we will guide you to EZPZ pool care. :)

And Welcome !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pv2
Hi there! When you say "TFP water testing/maintenance" do you have a specific article you're referring to? There's so much information on this site it's almost overwhelming. What I'm doing right now is going to the store about one time per week to get a water test. That's about the extent of my "maintenance." Maybe I should buy the TF-100 and do it myself. I haven't backwashed the filter yet either and it's been running for a few weeks. However, the pressure is still right at 10 or 11 and I keep the pool pretty darn clean. I skim it almost daily, vacuum it pretty regularly and also use the solar cover.
yes! you should get the test kit and start by reading Pool School. Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

be very careful of "free" pool store testing. it is free because they want to sell you lots of magic potions that you do not need in your water, some of which are actually harmful or hard to get rid of. they are also notoriously inaccurate. all you usually need for perfect clear water is stabilizer (CYA), chlorine, and muriatic acid. liquid chlorine or a salt water chlorine generator are the best and easiest since they don't add other chemicals to the pool like more stabilizer or strange "algeacides" that may have metals you don't want.

I read this for the first time just the other day. IMO this is a great blurb as to what is required of you to maintain your pool using the Trouble Free Pool Care method. ABC's and Pool School are great jumping off places, and have phenomenal information, but they don't really tell you what is required of you.

This thread (TFPC for Beginners) is also a great one to understand the why behind TFPC.

Good luck!

--Jeff

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.