Our New Liner Choice

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
We finally decided on a pattern for our new liner. Our pool liner is 16 years old and the corners are going, with one corner having a hole (thankfully above the water line). We patched the hole, but the patch didn't hold. So we patched it again (thanks for your help @kimkats ) and when the PB came out the other night, he said my patch job was good (I think he was just being nice, lol) and we could wait till spring if we wanted and he could put another patch on. But since we get so much tree stuff in the pool in the spring, we decided to get the new liner now, plus our PB is available and he's the only one we want (he's the one that did it 16 years ago and throughout the years we've been very satisfied with any work that needed to be done).

We only had 12 patterns to choose from and you would think that would make it easier, but it wasn't. We wanted dark blue, but the choice of pattern was either little tiles or something called "fusion." We also have the choice of having the border removed at no extra charge if we wanted. I got in the pool with all 12 samples, layed them out on the floor and just kept swimming around them until my mask fogged up.

So of course I couldn't find a picture of the pattern we picked. Then I lucked into a company that uses the same liner company as our PB and I contacted them and they were really nice and sent me a couple pics.
Pool liner Mountain Top closeup.jpgPool liner with water.jpg
This pattern is called Mountain Top and these pics are courtesy of Scheidel Pool & Spa Company:

Thank you so much, Kim!!! I tend to be VERY indecisive. Can you believe my husband picked it out the night the PB dropped off the samples? I wish I could be that decisive! When I had the samples in the pool, I asked him if he wanted to see them in the water. He said no, I already made up my mind. Grrrrrr! LOL

I think it should be installed either this upcoming week or the following week. We are getting new foam and he has to patch a small spot of the vermiculite. PB's been dealing with the liner company for many years so I'm hoping it shouldn't take too long for him to get everything and he'll be finished with his other jobs.

I tried to make a jpeg from their brochure so hopefully it comes out. The colors in the brochure look brighter than in reality. These were our choices:
Pool liner brochure 2019.jpg

LOL, you were smart though to let him make the decision. I always end up doubting my decisions. If they had a fish one in our choice, my husband probably would have picked it too. He loves to fish! I bet your liner is beautiful :)

Very pretty. Mountain Top was in our top three but our middle child said she didn't like the mosaic (can you believe it???)
And I was trying to talk my husband into Charlevoix (which I know under 'alias' Tan Sierra Gold Pebble - that's what Latham calls it), but he said no to tan. If they only make the border with blue liner :(

Reactions: mickey4paws
Thank you! I hope I like the mosaic. At first I didn't think I would, but after seeing the pics and putting the sample in the water, I liked it a lot better. My husband said no to tan too. I see you're going to be building soon. You must be so excited. Our pool was already here when we moved in but it was in bad shape. The choice was fix it or fill it in. It actually would have cost more to fill it in than fix it. Did you decide which liner you're going to get yet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.