Our Dog-Fish

I have a Rottweiler (Boo) who is petrified of water and a Boxer (Mummy Ava) who probably won't use the pool because she doesn't like the water past her chest. My swimmer (Casey) passed away in Oct of 2011. She was in love with the water. She would dive after diving rings and sticks and jump after a ball as long as someone threw it to her and swim with her head under water. She knew if no one was around the pool or on the deck that she couldn't swim but put on a swimsuit in front of her and she'd start yelping with excitement because she knew she was going swimming.

I miss her something fierce! She was a lab mix... I say she was a good friend. :-D

Have you ever seen a dog bark underwater? We had a Lab mix that thought he owned the pool. The Polairs cleaner with its tail swishing back and forth was an invader in his pool. He would run around the pool to where it was headed. Sometimes when it made its turn back down the tail would spray him, confirming it was an enemy. He would actually stick his face in the water and bark at it. A weird bubbling bark. Occasionally he would grab it by the tail and pull it out of the pool. Then he was in for a fight with it spraying everywhere and him snarling and barking at it. Fun to watch, but I had to replace the hose on it more than a couple times.

Dogs, dogs, dogs! It just doesn't get much better than what they provide us, does it? :goodjob: :goodjob:

On the other hand, my cats hate the pool and, if I pet them one stroke more than what they decide is the correct number, they bite me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.