Other chemicals besides BBB

ArkieFlyGuy

Active member
Sep 1, 2011
34
Springfield, MO
#1
What other chemicals do you use outside of bleach, Borax, and baking soda?

I know Muratic acid to reduce pH and even stabilizer for CYA, but what about others?

And what is your opinion and advice on using clarifier? I'm using some Leslie's UltraBrite while in the final stages of my current shock process hoping it will help with the filtering. Am I wasting my money?
 

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
37,879
Silver Spring, MD
#2
95% of the time clarifier is a waste of money. The remaining 5% of the time is easy to spot since when clarifier works it clears the water up completely overnight.

Don't assume you will necessarily use all three of bleach baking soda and borax. Many people only use one or two of those.

Cyanuric acid is another common chemical you need.

Sequestrant is occasionally required, but only when you have metals problems.