Ordering equipment for pool and need help!!

Rokihunter

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2016
North Augusta, SC
My PB asked me to write down all the equipment and models numbers I want so he can order. I have a 512 sq ft pool that will be salt. All equipment will be pentair except the heater which will be Raypak. So far I have the clean and clear 420 cartridge, the easytouch 4PSC 520593 which includes the I40 salt generator. I am confused on the pump. I want the Intelliflo 3HP VS is that the VS3050 or 011018. I also want the hand held remote, not the screen logic. What would be the model# for that and do I need to also buy something to connect to the easy touch? I will have 3 sheer descents also and 6 landscaping lights around the pool. thanks in advance.

The pump you want is the 011018 (IntelliFlo VS) or 011055 (IntelliFlo 2 VST). The 011055 is the newer version. For the remote: 520546 - EasyTouch Wireless control panel, 4 circuits. The remote should include an RF transceiver that is connected to the EasyTouch panel, so nothing else is needed.

Do you know the # gallons in the pool? The IC40 is rated for 40,000 gallons. If your pool is under 20,000 gallons that should be good. Ideally want one rated for at least 2x.

Rok,

The EasyTouch 520593 is a single body system, so it can be used on a Pool OR Spa, but not both. If you do not have a Spa, this is a good choice. But, keep in mind that it will only have three usable relays.

The Pump/Filter Relay must be used to power the SWCG, when the main pump is running. That only leaves three available relays.

Assuming you use one relay for your pool light, one relay for your Pad light, and one relay for your landscape lighting.. you are out of relays..

You never know what you might want to control in the future, so I'd recommend an EasyTouch 8. Better to have too many control relays, than not having enough. (I know this because I have an ET4, Sigh!)

Keep in mind that the bigger the filter the less often you have to clean it.

I know that the Intelliflo (011018) is a 3 HP pump, but they make several others. On Amazon the VS3050 is listed as "discontinued by Mfg"...

Suggest you look at SunPlay's website.. they have a pretty good list of Pentair equipment where you can look various handheld remotes. Although programming is at least 10 times easier with ScreenLogic than it is using the little 3" LCD on the controller and their remotes.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks for all the great info!! The pool will probably be max of 18,000 gallons so the I40 should work. I have decided to upgrade to the easy touch 8, though I do not have a spa, I will have a heater and sheer descents, landscape lighting and a 5g color light and a globrite for the sun shelf. Both skimmers and the main drain are home runs, then I have 6 returns on a horse shoe. Putting a valve actuator on the sheers so I can remotely turn them on and off. The heater will have a bypass and shouldn't need a actuator for that. Is there any reason I would need any more actuator valves?

Thanks for all the great info!! The pool will probably be max of 18,000 gallons so the I40 should work. I have decided to upgrade to the easy touch 8, though I do not have a spa, I will have a heater and sheer descents, landscape lighting and a 5g color light and a globrite for the sun shelf. Both skimmers and the main drain are home runs, then I have 6 returns on a horse shoe. Putting a valve actuator on the sheers so I can remotely turn them on and off. The heater will have a bypass and shouldn't need a actuator for that. Is there any reason I would need any more actuator valves?

Rok,

Like you, I do not have a Spa, and I also have a water feature wall controlled by a single automated Jandy valve. It is the only automated valve I have.. Well, I do have a sprinkler valve to add water to my pool, that is controlled by the EasyTouch.

Good luck with your pool build.

Jim R.

I know when I was looking for equipment, the pool/spa version of the EasyTouch 8 (521150) that comes with the IC60 and 2 automation valve actuators was almost the same price as the regular EasyTouch 8 / IC40 package...even though I don't have 2 bodies of water, I went for the pool/spa version to get the automated valve controls and the larger SWG...

I also went with the IntelliFlo 2 VST (011055).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.