Order to add chemicals?

Hi welcome to the site. there are some very knowledgable people on here. im sure you will have perfect water before you know it. when you say start your pool up do u mean this is brand new pool water? also what type of pool and equipment do you have... if you scroll down to the bottom of my post you will notice all of my info (in my signature).... you should do the same... to do this:

go to the home page
click on your avatar picture (even if there isnt one)
find the word profile and click on it
click on edit signature
BAM! your there. now just put in all your info and this way when people are trying to help you they dont have to keep asking what you have!!!! Good Luck!

Welcome to TFP.

It's true that you shouldn't add more than one at a time except Cyanuric Acid. Others can be added while it's dissolving.

The order that you add all depends on what your water needs most and first. Without a good test kit you're guessing at what you really need first.

The general order is:
1. pH first if it needs it.
2. Chlorine if your water doesn't already have it.
3. Stabilizer is usually added at the same time as chlorine if this is new fill water. If it's old you'll need to test to see how much is there.
4. TA is the next thing
5. CH is next.

4 & 5 can be swapped depending on what your numbers are.

If you have a SWCG then salt becomes #2. If it's old water you need to test for residual salt before adding any.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.