Order to add chemicals

gwtw

Apr 23, 2018
Kentucky
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need to add muriatic acid, a bag of salt, and 20 pounds of calcium to my pool. (PH is 7.8 or 8.0, salt is 2800, CH is 130, FC is 5, CC is 0). I assume that I should add the muriatic acid first. After adding the muriatic acid, how long should I wait before adding either salt or calcium? Since both salt and calcium are added by broadcasting them into the pool and don't dissolve that quickly, which one should I add first, and how long do I need to wait before adding the next one? Also, after I add calcium, how long do we need to wait before we can swim, and how long should we run the pump after adding it? I plan on adding the calcium in 5 pound batches, 12 hours apart, instead of adding all 20 pounds at once since it tends to cloud up the water. If I do it this way, it will take 2 days to get all of it in there. I know from experience that calcium gets extremely hot when you add it to a bucket of water so I'd like to broadcast it in the deep end instead unless there is a reason not to do it that way.

Add the acid. By the time you put that away and get the calcium, add that. By the time you walk back to get the salt, add that. Brush, swim whatever to mix and dissolve the salt and calcium. All of this with the pump running.

Reactions: gwtw
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.