order of chemicals added?

imcj

May 18, 2010
I know I posted in the correct area a little while ago, but after seeing it on this DB I'm apprehensive about posting again. Please excuse me if I caused any confusion.

I am in the process of adding some chemicals according to the pool calculator and was wondering if I had to add the chemicals in any certain order. I already added the liquid chlorine before I considered this, so please know that is already added and I will keep in mind what you tell me for future.

6/23
FC 6
CC 1 added 24 oz liquid bleach
TC 7
pH 7.8
TA 200

6/24
FC 8.5
CC .5
TC 9
pH 7.8

6/26
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
pH 7.8
TA 190

For today's numbers pool calculator says 36 oz liquid bleach and 26 oz muriatic acid. As I said I already added the bleach. How long before I add the acid?

My own observation - please correct me if I'm wrong - I need to bump my SWG up at least one hour if my FC is being used up right? We have hit 105 degrees over the last several days in the afternoon which I am assuming is an aspect of this loss.

Thank you.

Every time I tested since 5/19 it was 80 until 6/23 then it showed 90. I thought maybe I just tested poorly and I would test again but I haven't yet. It wouldn't go up without adding stabilizer right, so it couldn't be 90. Just for clarity - you keep dropping until you absolutely can't see that black dot right? Sometimes if I wait a second or two the black dot will still be barely visible so I keep dropping until I can no longer see it at all.

Thank you. The visual was great to see.

I do have a question now though. The article says ideal range for CYA is 30-50, but I gathered from this db that most prefer to keep it at 80. Am I correct? This has been my goal.

Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.