Options for continually failing Hayward LED lights?

brk

Mar 8, 2017
Gulfport, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
All 4 of the Hyaward LED lights we have in the pool and spa have failed at least twice so far, some 3 times. That was fine when they were under warranty, but now that I'm replacing them out of pocket, I am curious if there is a better option?
We have 3 of the larger ColorLogic lights (12V I think?) and one of the smaller lights on the sun shelf area. 1 pool light and the mini light have failed. Before I replace them with more Hayward units I wanted to see if there is a better recommended option. We do like the ability to change colors of the lights. If I go with something other than Hayward I'd probably do something like program an ESP32 to read the relay clicks from the Omni panel and translate that to control signals for a non-Hayward setup.

All 4 of the Hyaward LED lights we have in the pool and spa have failed at least twice so far, some 3 times. That was fine when they were under warranty, but now that I'm replacing them out of pocket, I am curious if there is a better option?
We have 3 of the larger ColorLogic lights (12V I think?) and one of the smaller lights on the sun shelf area. 1 pool light and the mini light have failed. Before I replace them with more Hayward units I wanted to see if there is a better recommended option. We do like the ability to change colors of the lights. If I go with something other than Hayward I'd probably do something like program an ESP32 to read the relay clicks from the Omni panel and translate that to control signals for a non-Hayward setup.
How often are they failing? Curious if something is causing them to fail earlier than they should.

Some people are going with sunseeker lights to replace them... :)

How often are they failing? Curious if something is causing them to fail earlier than they should.
The pool was finished in early 2017. Since then we've had at least 8 light failures in total, which never seems to surprise the pool repair guys. For the pool light that is currently needing replacement I can see water intrusion in the housing when I look at it underwater. I never looked at the other units to determine failure root cause.

The pool was finished in early 2017. Since then we've had at least 8 light failures in total, which never seems to surprise the pool repair guys. For the pool light that is currently needing replacement I can see water intrusion in the housing when I look at it underwater. I never looked at the other units to determine failure root cause.
That does sound like a design/manufacturing defect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.