Options for continually failing Hayward LED lights?

brk

Mar 8, 2017
Gulfport, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
All 4 of the Hyaward LED lights we have in the pool and spa have failed at least twice so far, some 3 times. That was fine when they were under warranty, but now that I'm replacing them out of pocket, I am curious if there is a better option?
We have 3 of the larger ColorLogic lights (12V I think?) and one of the smaller lights on the sun shelf area. 1 pool light and the mini light have failed. Before I replace them with more Hayward units I wanted to see if there is a better recommended option. We do like the ability to change colors of the lights. If I go with something other than Hayward I'd probably do something like program an ESP32 to read the relay clicks from the Omni panel and translate that to control signals for a non-Hayward setup.

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
All 4 of the Hyaward LED lights we have in the pool and spa have failed at least twice so far, some 3 times. That was fine when they were under warranty, but now that I'm replacing them out of pocket, I am curious if there is a better option?
We have 3 of the larger ColorLogic lights (12V I think?) and one of the smaller lights on the sun shelf area. 1 pool light and the mini light have failed. Before I replace them with more Hayward units I wanted to see if there is a better recommended option. We do like the ability to change colors of the lights. If I go with something other than Hayward I'd probably do something like program an ESP32 to read the relay clicks from the Omni panel and translate that to control signals for a non-Hayward setup.
How often are they failing? Curious if something is causing them to fail earlier than they should.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Some people are going with sunseeker lights to replace them... :)

brk

Mar 8, 2017
Gulfport, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
How often are they failing? Curious if something is causing them to fail earlier than they should.
The pool was finished in early 2017. Since then we've had at least 8 light failures in total, which never seems to surprise the pool repair guys. For the pool light that is currently needing replacement I can see water intrusion in the housing when I look at it underwater. I never looked at the other units to determine failure root cause.

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
The pool was finished in early 2017. Since then we've had at least 8 light failures in total, which never seems to surprise the pool repair guys. For the pool light that is currently needing replacement I can see water intrusion in the housing when I look at it underwater. I never looked at the other units to determine failure root cause.
That does sound like a design/manufacturing defect.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread