Optimal Settings for my Pentair VSP

NLandas

Silver Supporter
Mar 25, 2019
ARIZONA
Before I end the day, let me ask this group about the optimal settings for the pump for QUICK CLEAN or just cleaning in general. Currently, I have it set at 3000 RPM for QUICK CLEAN for 4 hours and regular cleaning for 8 hours @ 2700 RPM. What do you all think?

Thanks A Million!

Nice to meet you via TFP! :)

12 hours is quite a bit, but it all depends on how much skimming you like to do, and how much run time you need for the SWCG. You could start dialing it down incrementally (both duration and speed) and see if it stays as clean as you like. Lots of people run their low speed at a fair bit less RPMs, and don't use high speed other than for backwashing, which you don't need to do anyway. Some run at very low RPM 24/7. For many, 6 or 8 hours of water circulation (in summer) is enough for getting chlorinated water into all the nooks and crannies, and some people as low as 2 to 4 hours.

If it were mine, I might use quick clean just before I get home from work, so it's nicely skimmed for the evening, but really it's just a matter of preference. Great to have the options and I bet you're very happy to have the flexibility.

Nice to meet you via TFP! :)

12 hours is quite a bit, but it all depends on how much skimming you like to do, and how much run time you need for the SWCG. You could start dialing it down incrementally (both duration and speed) and see if it stays as clean as you like. Lots of people run their low speed at a fair bit less RPMs, and don't use high speed other than for backwashing, which you don't need to do anyway. Some run at very low RPM 24/7. For many, 6 or 8 hours of water circulation (in summer) is enough for getting chlorinated water into all the nooks and crannies, and some people as low as 2 to 4 hours.

If it were mine, I might use quick clean just before I get home from work, so it's nicely skimmed for the evening, but really it's just a matter of preference. Great to have the options and I bet you're very happy to have the flexibility.
Yes I am and I thank you all for adding extra happiness to another pool owner. With new jets and new housing courtesy of A&A Mfg and a "remanufactured" PCB (done, re-soldered, and tested by a PCB board company), I'm expecting it to run as it was just built last week.

Can't wait!

Unless power costs are real low, you may be your running your VS too fast and losing the cost-saving advantage of the pump. I run at about 1650 rpm for 5 hours and 2 hours at 2600 rpm for the suction cleaner. Just my 2 cents...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.