Opinions on this frame issue (unlevel)

Slayd

Jun 1, 2016
Orlando, FL
I just set up the pool this year. Bought the house and the pool last year, struggled with the water, the pavers all broke when the pool filled, was a nightmare.

This year things went much better up until now. Two pavers broke last night and I had an area sink, not an entire side, just the middle. Another issue I'm not concerned about is the floating corner pieces, as they seem more spaced out than normal. I'm concerned about them coming out completely when the pool is being used.

Opinions? I can fix this next year easy, but is this safe to use for the season?

20200426_133748_resize_63.jpg20200426_133722_resize_52.jpg20200426_135425_resize_31.jpg20200426_135406_resize_89.jpg

We can't give you a 100% guarantee that the pool will last. The pool as it stands has safety issues and someone could get seriously hurt if it let go while people were in it.

Water is cheap. Invest the time and labor to fix it so you don't need to worry when people are in your pool.

Dangers of an Unlevel Above Ground Pool

Reactions: kimkats
I had a horrible time leveling my pool, I spent days with a 2*4 and a level and it came out horrible. This year I used a water level, 5 gallon bucket of water and 20' hose, and rented a compactor for the day. We were done in about 4 hours and the pool went from 3-4" out to within 1/4" of completely level.

these things are pretty resilient but it looks like you could be more than 2 inches out of level and that is the safety cuttoff intex seems to allow. mine is pretty out of level too and it has been fine for close to 7 years, but it is a round one. I don't have any experience with the regtangular pools. no advice on your corners.

I have the 12x24 version of the same pool. I think I'd start over. I used 4 inch thick pavers. I also hired a guy to level the area and compact crushed stone for a perfectly level pad. Then use half inch foam board. They call for half inch tolerance for level of the supports i believe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.