Opinions on best way to install SWG

Dec 17, 2018
Lousiana
Hello TFP!

I just recently bought the Circupool RJ 60+ and I am fairly green with working in PVC piping and wanted to get some opinions form you all. Here's a picture of my current plumbing with 1 1/2 inch piping.
1.jpg
with the cell being about a foot and a 1/4 inch long, I wont' be able to attach the cell and flow switch horizontally. it seems like I would have to make a C shape to give the extra length but i'm not sure how to cut the pipe at the 90 degree going into the ground as it looks like there's a coupling right against the elbow. Anyone have any ideas how to go about this install?

I would dig around the ground elbow, cut it off. Add a straight coupler and bring it up to the same level as the outlet. Then add the 90 and the cell on the new straight horizontal leg. Less elbows and easier to maintain.

Actually I don't know if that will work with the angle. Are you able to remove the 45 and bring the pipe straight out?

I would add the cell close to the 45 come out then add the 3 90s down to change the angle and still cut the elbow off on the ground and change to a straight coupler.

Yeah with the angle, I wont be able to bring it straight out. I think I may be able to remove the 45 to bring it straight out with I hope 2 90's to bring it straight down. Although I'm not sure how the cell would fit right next to the inflow piping so I will have to do what you said with the 3 90s to bring it down if that's the case. Also, where do you think the best spot to install the control module on my wall? Thanks for the help avspin!
2.jpg

I have a Hayward and they recommend 12" of straight pipe before the flow switch. Does the one you are installing have a similar requirement, I can't remember on the Circupool? Just need to work that into the plumbing.

Edit: Also they do make 30 Deg PVC elbows or maybe you can use a sweep and cut it short, hmm. That is a funky arrangement there.

Last edited:
You can make the straight part longer past the pipe in the ground. Once you add the 3 90s going down they can come back to line up. No reason it has to be before the pipe in the ground.
I'm not familiar with your unit as far as the panel goes. I would assume you could mount it anywhere on the wall as long as the cords reach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.