Opinion on water pump

aterri

Aug 13, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Hi
I was wondering if someone can help me.

I have a STA-RITE Dyna-Pro-E 3/4 Hp 240V pump, the piping is 2”, inground pool with 30 000 litres. The skimmer and main drain is about 10 feet from the pool, the main drain is 5.5 feet deep.
Filter is cartridge, Hayward swimclear C225SC 120 GPM

The water pump has a loud vibration coming from the motor. I went to the pool store today and they offered to replace the pump. It is the second pump under warranty in two years. I think I am unlucky. I maintain my pool accordingly, cleaning the filter often and cleaning out the baskets.

In your opinion is the Sta-rite pump is a good pump? Or should I go with another brand? Would the Pentair Wisperflo be a quieter or more reliable pump?

thanks

A VS motor would be an excellent idea. Or even two speed. Much less electrical use but that depends on cost in Quebec.

Then as long as you do not mind the noise of a single speed, no reason to change.

When you change brands, the plumbing can change. Just PVC so not a big deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.