Opening pool - make sure I am doing this right.

Corrik

May 23, 2016
Pittsburgh/PA
Person I bought house off of had a crappy pool cover that ripped and eventually fell in. So my pool is yeah green.

Pump set up. Running.

Cya 20
PH 8.6
TA 65
FC 0

Now I assume step one is to fix the PH and the cya to 30.

Then begin to slam? TA is fine right?

If you are getting a CYA reading of 20 I wouldn't worry about a 10 ppm increase, just adjust your pH and get some chlorine in there. The sooner you start SLAMing the sooner you will be finished. Then you can work on fine tuning your CYA level.

My pool went from dark green to cloudy blue in just one night.

- - - Updated - - -

Put 3 and a half jugs of bleach last night at sundown to make the FC 14 at a 20 cya. Was 4.5 FC just now. Added 2 more jugs to get back up to FC 12.
Outstanding! Remember it's not enough to just keep up the FC levels. You need to brush until your arms can't take any more (or lower back, whichever comes first) to separate the slimy protective biofilm from the algae so it will die and vacuum/scoop as much organic debris out as possible, even if it means working blind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.