oops I didn't bond anything.

Drag.az

Apr 13, 2013
Amarillo, Tx
I buried an AGP 2ft and didn't bond it. Just stumbled on some of this stuff. So if I have been reading correctly I need to redig all the away around my pool drop a #8 wire (solid) and tie it into a few post on the way around.. Are you ******* me. I'm so sick of dirt this aint even funny.. Then I see the bonding screw on motor. ( I thaught it was a ground-NOT) :hammer: And I just got my hard plumbing installed.. I love tinkering, but dirt is not tinkering.. lol

Drag.az

Apr 13, 2013
Amarillo, Tx
Do I really need to bond ?? I have a GFCI plug. I was going to run an electric box out to the pump this winter, with a 12v box for my flood lights and stereo. I already have stereo and lights installed.. Love 12v

rickmnj

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
If you want to stay within code you'll need to bond. BTW, the GFCI has nothing to do with bonding.

I've been relocating all my equipment and I feel like a woodchuck with all the trenching and dirt. I'm sick of it too.

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Yes, you absolutely need to bond. Maybe someone else with an AGP can comment...is there a way to bond the walls at the middle or top, rather than digging around the bottom? Seems like you shouldn't need to dig all that out again.

gwegan

TFP Expert
Apr 19, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Six inches is fine. The Code does not specify how deep. Make sure you go all the way around and connect to the pool in four places as well as to your pump and anything else metal with in an arms length of the pool.

Drag.az

Apr 13, 2013
Amarillo, Tx
Thx for help. I will get to bonding asap. as long as i dont have to pick up shovel and just use pick axe, I'm a happy camper.. I will start shopping again. lol TFP is AWESOME.. off to hardeware store for wire