One Time deck stain anyone ever used it.

Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone ever used a stain called One Time it is kind of expensive but supose to be really good and last at least 7 years. Just looking for some info from somebody that has used it before i spend a lot of money on something that turns out to be no good.

mike3554 said:
Has anyone ever used a stain called One Time it is kind of expensive but supose to be really good and last at least 7 years. Just looking for some info from somebody that has used it before i spend a lot of money on something that turns out to be no good.

Where you do live? At our altitude and dryness, that 7 years would likely be 2. We usually seal yearly. I like Penofin for deck and fencing. That's what I'm putting on my new decks here. I just plan on resealing yearly.

I have just stained my deck with one time. Was it pricey? Yep, but if I get5+ years out of it I have saved money. I stained everything I had outside that was wood with the leftover product. Apply it when it is cooler outside as the sun makes the product cure and it becomes thick and doesn't go as far. I guess the test will be how it looks next spring. Right now, it looks great and I'm glad I spent the time and money on it.

Dora said:
I have just stained my deck with one time. Was it pricey? Yep, but if I get5+ years out of it I have saved money. I stained everything I had outside that was wood with the leftover product. Apply it when it is cooler outside as the sun makes the product cure and it becomes thick and doesn't go as far. I guess the test will be how it looks next spring. Right now, it looks great and I'm glad I spent the time and money on it.

Any pics?

mike3554 said:
One time is expensive but not nearly as expensive as Trex. If i could afford a 48x40 deck out of Trex i would have just built an in ground pool.

Same here...composites are 4x or more the cost of redwood. When I did the math, the deck material alone, not including structural was like $9000 (2 decks though). I just couldn't justify it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hear ya...for me 24x18 deck it was about a $3K price diff in material (DIY), but i've sanded and stained my previous decks...NO THANKS

Anyway...I apologize for supporting the off topic discussion...back on topic.. I have used Sikkens stain with very good results...usually good for 2 seasons. Any stain that advertises 7+ years...may be true, but realistically mold/mildew will require you to powerwash or scrub deck wash at least annually regardless of material...no stain will hold up 7 years and look like it did year 1.

I used the One Time (until next time) Lol.....put it on my deck 2 years ago.......LOVE IT.....pricey Yes....but worth it vs. sealing every year. I have 3 decks.....upper, lower, and one for hot tub top to sit level with top deck......I will use it again......whenever needed. It is totally different than any of the cheap ones.....cheap ones just sit on top and coats it.....this penetrates and hardens like a resin making it waterproof.....I did a LOT of research (as usual) before purchasing the 5 gallon bucket of honey colored liquid......keeps my deck looking like it was just built.....while my neighbors is all grey weathered looking......they have lots of colors and whoever carries it has free samples of each color.....I took a board and tried different colors but like the original color of it when built.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.