OmniLogic with ColorLogic network connector to lights

KPAPool

Apr 9, 2019
PA
Hi all,
I have had an OmniLogic for a few years now. I've used ColorLogic lights with manual power cycling to advance through light shows.
I read recently about a network connector that allows ProLogic controller to manage ColorLogic light shows and allows further customization of the shows, etc.
Does anyone know if this will work with OmniLogic? Obviously I don't have a ProLogic controller but OmniLogic tends to be able to do anything that ProLogic can do?
I prefer Cool Cabaret in my environment, and turning on the lights, then waiting for 16 blinks as it power cycles repeatedly until it gets to Cool Cabaret, seems silly.

Thanks!

I recently upgraded to the OmniLogic controller and I'm interested in getting some new LED lights for our pool and spa so I've been doing some research.

Page 3 of the OmniLogic Installation Guide states the following:
NOTE: If replacing a Pro Logic Controller using networked ColorLogic Lights, the lights must be put into “Standalone” (default) mode before disconnecting the Pro Logic. The OmniLogic can only control ColorLogic lights in “Standalone” mode.
That seems pretty definitive that the OmniLogic does not support the network controller (aka Lights Modem) for the ColorLogic lights which is surprising and disappointing. That guide has a copyright date of 2016 so it is possible it is out of date. It is also interesting that the OmniLogic cabinet has the prerequisite cutout for the network controller like the ProLogic cabinet. It would seem this was something they were considering adding support for at some point but given the age of this stuff it should be supported already if that was their intention. This thread from 2015 has comments from people saying they were told by Hayward that this functionality was coming.

Digging deeper, the first line of the Release Notes for the latest OmniLogic firmware states:
The R3.0.0 version of the Omni Control Product supports Omni Direct lights,...
That got me excited but I can't find any mention of "Omni Direct" lights outside of that document. I'm wondering if (hoping) it is a new, soon to be released, product. Given the glacial speed lighting support has been delivered on the OmniLogic I don't think we should get our hopes up.

Let me know if you find any relevant info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.