Older Jandy AquaPure 700 SWG cell ruined by exposure to high salt and chlorine?

I would suggest that you take the cell to an authorized Jandy service center and tell them that the cell is less than a year old, it's not working and you would like a warranty replacement.

They can confirm the age of the cell from the serial number and they can determine if the cell is bad.

Can you post a picture of the cell posts and the cell plates?

That is a very good idea. I may have a receipt problem since I purchased the house but I'll figure that out when I get to that point. I have attached a picture of the cell. I believe that the electrode has etched away on the right side probe. All indications are to replace the cell if the voltage is still over 28 volts after cleaning. (Currently 35 Volts). It is not a $50 dollar sensor so I am a little slow to try another cell.

Are the off brand Cells any good that are less expensive?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Electrode.jpg
    Electrode.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 10
I did call Jandy and they will not test anything themselves. They gave me a phone number of a local technician. It was mentioned that the technician would measure the voltages and decide if the cell was bad. I mentioned that I had already done that and that the voltage was high. The cell appears to be bad by all information available so I 'll just replace the cell in the near future. When I do does the generic Cell work well that is sold by a different MFG?

I had previously talked to the technician that they mentioned about the repair. The cell is so expensive that it made more sense to him to look at other alternatives. For now if you have one of these units you are kind of on your own to repair it. Maybe there is someone out there doing repairs on these units? The help that I received from James and others on this site is better than any help that I can get off the internet or by phone.
cell. This SWG unit must be 12 years old so it is understandable that people are hard to find who work on these all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for your help. I am going to close this out. Jandy does not offer guidance on locating a repair center. The people that I have contacted from the Jandy site seem to want to measure voltages like I did to confirm the cell is bad. at $85 per hour then a cell is $600. I am sure it is the cell but the unit is 10 years old. No support from local sources to evaluate the cell economically so I am going to get a whole new unit and start fresh with a guaranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.