Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Not sure where to start with this - total replace or troubleshoot?

From my invoice: Pentair Intellibrite Pool Light: 12V - 50 ft cord (600104) (Pen-600104); purchased 2008. This was an LED, color changing variety. Light only part was installed by fiberglass pool refinisher and I have no documentation. Hubby claims he tested it back then, but I have doubts after looking at the wire ends. No commentary about why it was never fully installed. 🤐

Tried it today and nothing happened. Checked the Intermatic PX300 transformer & it shows 12V as output. Have read there's been a lot of trouble with the LED lights and these old ones were real headaches. Is there anything worth checking?

Couple of notes:
--Light did not fit my American (I think) niche. Was installed with wedges, but the light is floating loose, so guessing they've vanished. At one time I believe I found an niche adapter and think it's still available, but no idea if it really works.
--Pool pad is below pool water line. If I have to do a total replacement, I'm assuming the cord will have to be pulled after the pool has been drained to below the niche.

I have read Pentair LED Pool Lights - Further Reading, so am preparing for bad news. :(

Last edited:
Not much is serviceable in the light. Consider getting a Florida Sunseekers replacement.

Pretty much what I was expecting. Have already been looking at the Sunseeker since I've seen it mentioned here before, but it looks like an engine replacement and uses the Intellibrite housing & cord. Is there any of the existing hardware that I need to check first? Or is that a question for Sunseeker?

Any guide on how to determine niche model? Came as part of an American Fiberglass Pool package.

You can check with sunseeker. If you get the right light engine it is supposed to fit into the IntelliBrite housing.

Niches are always a mystery unless you can find a label on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.