Ok test results actions and a couple questions

Tortuga353

Aug 2, 2020
Auburn, AL
I now have CYA at 80 for a couple test FC is hovering right about 6. CC has been zero with one .5 in the last 4 test. Salt content is 3400 Jandy and 3200 with K7166. PH has been slowly climbing up to 7.8 and TA was 100 and added .5 gallons 31% muriatic acid and this lowered PH to 7.3 and TA to 90.
Skin has been mildly itchy after swimming laps but water this evening looked very clear and quite nice. Keep adding acid once PH rises to drive TA to 70ish?

is itch due to FC being at 6? Still new to this and read in a few places I should be between 1-3 but the CYA / FC chart says 6. Am I doing the right stuff?

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Follow the FC/CYA Chart as that is what I do and I have CYA at 80 and have been keeping my FC from 6.5 to 10. The sun + swimming consumes about 2-4ppm per day. I don't have any issues with itching and I swim just about everyday. I focus more on keeping my pH steady 7.6 to 7.8. If my TA rises to 100 (my fill water is very high in TA but not in CH) I then add MA to drop it then run my waterfall more to aerate to bring up the pH again. I have to add water weekly due to evaporation.
Hope this helps.
Did you name your pool cleaner Nessie? I like it!! My daughter calls our "the monster".

Tortuga353

Aug 2, 2020
Auburn, AL
Ok thanks! Yes we named the pool cleaner Nessie!

I need to test my tap water but it was low in CH but I imagine high in TA. I am running the waterfall to bring PH back up. I’ll see if the PH holds and if not go another round. It appears from some reading TA is not that critical if FC, PH, CYA are good.