Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Brent, everyone on TFP knows you are “ an eggpert, a real eggfessional, a leader of the eggpack, a yolkester, an eggcellent cook, and if you were in Star Wars you would be Yoka “ My mind is a fried egg lol anyone care to add something to honor Brent the Sensei of Eggs?

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thank you for all the kind words, last weekend we were at the Happiest Place on Earth. Yes Jimm we were at Disney for Food and Wine Festival and DW birthday. As usual we had a blast drinking and eating around the world. Keep up posting great pictures of your culinary eats, I should be back grilling and cooking this weekend :cheers:

I’m still on my Disney boycott. Till they bring back season passes they can, well you can fill in the blank. I’m just not giving them money for day tickets. Especially since I was a season pass holder for 20 years almost. You let it lapse during a world pandemic and then you get no break. So my dvc continues to sit.

I’m still on my Disney boycott. Till they bring back season passes they can, well you can fill in the blank. I’m just not giving them money for day tickets. Especially since I was a season pass holder for 20 years almost. You let it lapse during a world pandemic and then you get no break. So my dvc continues to sit.
Hey Jimm did you call them because they renewed DW yearly pass after we called them and explained our situation. Yes long wait times on the phone but it was worth it in the long run. :cheers:

Oh no! Not letting your points expire, I hope - are you renting them out or exchanging into II?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh no! Not letting your points expire, I hope - are you renting them out or exchanging into II?
Oh no they are getting rented out. Don’t you worry. No way I’m loosing money on them. I passed cash for my dvc years and years ago. I made my money. At this point I don’t care. Passes come back we will continue. If they come back in a different form that doesn’t benefit me I’m out still. It’s not worth it anymore. I used to defend them. No more. I don’t want to hear the whole how much money they lost during Covid. That’s getting old. The leadership right now is brutal with the greed. Worse than it ever was. Ok I’m not ruining this thread. Sorry.

Hey Jimm did you call them because they renewed DW yearly pass after we called them and explained our situation. Yes long wait times on the phone but it was worth it in the long run. :cheers:
I did. And they said no. I got an email back from them a while ago. I know they were a while ago but I missed out on it. I don’t follow along on the net as much as I used to. I just don’t have the energy.

U guys are local. So they still have the local season pass? Right

Yes we have the local yearly season pass but as you recall when they shut down for Covid we cancelled because we could not use it. When they reopened they honored us and gave us options to renew yearly season pass of course prices went up quite a bit but we rejoined as we felt that would be useful as the rest of the world shut down.

Oh no they are getting rented out. Don’t you worry. No way I’m loosing money on them. I passed cash for my dvc years and years ago. I made my money. At this point I don’t care. Passes come back we will continue. If they come back in a different form that doesn’t benefit me I’m out still. It’s not worth it anymore. I used to defend them. No more. I don’t want to hear the whole how much money they lost during Covid. That’s getting old. The leadership right now is brutal with the greed. Worse than it ever was. Ok I’m not ruining this thread. Sorry.
Understand - things are different now than 10 years ago for sure! We used points for Aulani in 2018 - wonderful time and beautiful hotel! Last year we traded into RCI to go Pigeon Forge/Smoky Mountains, and this year we booked DVC Hilton Head Island for a week in August. So we are visiting alternate places with our points for variety (and no park tickets required :). I'm sure we will be back to WDW in the future. We never bought annual passes because we didn't go on a schedule where they made sense, but I hope they come back for you!

We also did Aulini in January. Beautiful location but the restaurants were just OK. The restaurant across the street was the Bomb. We had a car and drove to every-side of the island. As luck would have it they cancelled most Covid restrictions the day after we arrived.

Noe back to the FOOD!

Reactions: PCR
A friend brought over a Brisket Tip the other day. 8 hrs on the SnS with hickory and apple chunks, then into the cooler for 2. I did not wrap the tip, I just let it run threw the stall. This was my first time and when I do another I will trim all the fat off the top. As it really hurt the bark. But all in all it was very tasty

6z9KOK1+SVW8AXa0Y030RQ.jpgjCXrFX8JTECQrkcuwUXRbQ.jpg

Yes we have the local yearly season pass but as you recall when they shut down for Covid we cancelled because we could not use it. When they reopened they honored us and gave us options to renew yearly season pass of course prices went up quite a bit but we rejoined as we felt that would be useful as the rest of the world shut down.
Right I found about it too late cause we didn’t want to go back when they first re opened. They won’t do it now.

Understand - things are different now than 10 years ago for sure! We used points for Aulani in 2018 - wonderful time and beautiful hotel! Last year we traded into RCI to go Pigeon Forge/Smoky Mountains, and this year we booked DVC Hilton Head Island for a week in August. So we are visiting alternate places with our points for variety (and no park tickets required :). I'm sure we will be back to WDW in the future. We never bought annual passes because we didn't go on a schedule where they made sense, but I hope they come back for you!
Thanks a lot. We used to do 3 trips a year for, man, at least 16 plus years. One day. If not I’m buying a beach house with a family member. My heart is on the water. Always has been but since Covid more so. I fish at least 3-4 times a week with my kids or friends. Salt has been more and more on my mind with going to the beach more. If North Carolina wasn’t an 11 hr drive I would tow my boat down to at least fish the Icw but Towingcthst long and far has me freaked out.

Reactions: PCR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.