Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
So speaking of gadgets, I saw this little puppy in an article and decided to give it a try. I can tell you first hand, if you use fresh garlic, and hate peeling it, this is hands down the best 5 bucks you’ll ever spend!
Amazon.com: ZYLISS Garlic Peeler: Kitchen & Dining

And this guy. If you marinate meats in storage bags like I do, or slice up stuff to freeze, this is one handy sucker to hold open the bags for you.

Amazon.com: Baggy Rack - (2 Pack) Sandwich Bag Racks, Clip Food Storage Bags Onto Holder, Best Opener for Freezer & Storage Baggie - Ideal Plastic Kitchen Gadget, No Hassle Cooking Solutions For a Clean Pour: Kitchen Storage And Organization Product Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Wow, that is a nice piece Jim. I was looking at your link you posted earlier, but your pictures do it justice.
Always feel free to post up gizmos and gadgets, we all love cool new toys! :cheers:
Thanks man. I’m going to give it a try this week. 2 different skirt steak recipes. Not a huge workout for it but at least I can see how the burner ones work. Both skirt steak recipes are for direct heat only so no internal probe.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Wow I have been also looking at that so envious :cheers:
Big fan of Thermapen, we have several including the extra big and loud timer :cheers:
Post pics when you use this......
I will! Our pen is now 15 years old and still works perfect.

We have to get a new timer. Ours is toast. I think I’m going to get the 4 unit one cause when Kristen bakes she usually needs 2 timers.

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I will! Our pen is now 15 years old and still works perfect.

We have to get a new timer. Ours is toast. I think I’m going to get the 4 unit one cause when Kristen bakes she usually needs 2 timers.
JIMM dw has one of those 4 in one timers and she usually uses it when she bakes. I use the extra big and extra loud timer every weekend. The eyes and ears are going bad I guess :cheers:

salty87

Gold Supporter
Jan 31, 2017
Texas Hill Country
That looks awesome I think!

What shun knife is that? We love our onions. I want to get a few new ones over winter.
Thanks!

The knife in the brisket pic is my MIL's. Not sure which one it is. My wife turned her on to Shun a little.

We've gone a bit more overboard. Ken Onion was our first. The one in the middle of the pic was the most recent and was maybe $75 on sale. They're all fantastic.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Thanks!

The knife in the brisket pic is my MIL's. Not sure which one it is. My wife turned her on to Shun a little.

We've gone a bit more overboard. Ken Onion was our first. The one in the middle of the pic was the most recent and was maybe $75 on sale. They're all fantastic.

View attachment 110327
All of our knifes are onion cause I’m a lefty. They made that handle to be comfortable for a lefty I was told. I want to eventually get a few new ones. I really want a fillet knife for when I fillet my fish.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Played with the surface probe a little tonight before I cooked. I had to rig it up a bit so I don’t burn the wires. They can take up to 700 degrees but not directly touching so ThermoWorks says to do this.

In installed the app. I don’t plan on using it but wanted to see how it was. This was over WiFi. 50857E83-7ACE-42FB-B138-F4899ABBC827.jpeg176C8BC9-7610-4029-B3C4-8CFF484498A3.jpeg89EAB2EC-4BF6-48A7-BCCA-EC1A25AB098A.jpegBEF0A78C-4708-4760-A2E4-EF8173EE1AE5.png

Had flank steak marinating for a day. Cooked it on the sear station. I am loving my new grill.

Reactions: Arizonarob

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Pretty much there is an extra burner in between the 2 middle burners so when u turn a Separate knob it fires up that third burner and also jacks up the btu between the now ignited 3 burners. Suppose to be able to get temp up really really high. When I did ribeyes the other night when I finished them on the sear station within 10 secs they were almost black. It was nuts. I cooked the steak tonight in 6 mins I would say using it. Internal temp of 120 and then let it rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.