OEM or aftermarket seals, o-rings & gaskets?

e1836936

Apr 20, 2013
Florida
Hello all,

Looking to replace the following seals, o-rings & gaskets on my Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS pump, would you go with OEM or aftermarket?

I understand they're just rubber, but it's proper fit that I'm most concerned about with aftermarket.

I found what appear to be OEM replacements available on AMZN with recent prices listed:
Two-piece shaft seal (SPX2700SA) $15.99
Diffuser o-ring (SX220Z2) $11.87
Housing gasket (GMX600F) $14.66
Strainer cover o-ring (SPX2300Z4) $28.62

As for aftermarket, I've been referred to the following two "Go-Kits", GO 1 Kit for Hayward Max-Flo 1800/2800 & Hayward Max-Flo GO-Kit 32, so I'm a bit confused as to which seal kit is compatible with my SP2300VSP Max-Flo; Go-Kit 1, Go-Kit 32, some other??

I appreicate your feedback!

Hello all,

Looking to replace the following seals, o-rings & gaskets on my Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS pump, would you go with OEM or aftermarket?

I understand they're just rubber, but it's proper fit that I'm most concerned about with aftermarket.

I found what appear to be OEM replacements available on AMZN with recent prices listed:
Two-piece shaft seal (SPX2700SA) $15.99
Diffuser o-ring (SX220Z2) $11.87
Housing gasket (GMX600F) $14.66
Strainer cover o-ring (SPX2300Z4) $28.62

As for aftermarket, I've been referred to the following two "Go-Kits", GO 1 Kit for Hayward Max-Flo 1800/2800 & Hayward Max-Flo GO-Kit 32, so I'm a bit confused as to which seal kit is compatible with my SP2300VSP Max-Flo; Go-Kit 1, Go-Kit 32, some other??

I appreicate your feedback!
Go Kits have been used for decades. They both will have the same shaft seal, a PS-201 for your pump. The second kit (32) seems to have more gaskets/O rings for various series of the pump. Not sure about the lid O ring. They were designed for the service industry. Customer calls with a leaking MaxFlo. I have, or pick up, a Go Kit, knowing I will have all the parts to do the job in one trip and may have some left over for another time. Don't have to make and charge for two trips.

Go Kits have been used for decades. They both will have the same shaft seal, a PS-201 for your pump. The second kit (32) seems to have more gaskets/O rings for various series of the pump...
Thanks!

Yeah, kit 32 also doesn't appear to have the smallest gasket/o-ring, which I believe is the diffuser o-ring, so I don't think it is the kit that I need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.