ODD PH test color

Davsmth41

May 21, 2012
York Pennsylvania
Been working on my PH and TA tweaking them in. Today with my Taylor K-2005 DPD kit, I got an orange color for my PH. Looked odd so I used an OTO kit and it to was orange also. Chemicals are fresh from Taylor. Is this 7.2 PH??? Or is something going wrong?

Orange like an orange.

FC 6
PH ?
TA 90
Cya 40 to 60. Still working on doing that test correctly :)
CH 250

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I know the color will not be exactly the same, but could you post a picture of your pH results?

Linkterfur

Feb 26, 2012
Stowe, VT
Do you have R-0006 to do a base test? You can use that to hopefully find out what you'd need to add. And from there you'd subtract. If that makes any sense. Meaning if you have to add 2 and get a nice 7.6 reading you'd know that the "orange" is 7.4 for example. Use the taylor book for instructions on base and acid demand test.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Linkterfur, Drops of acid/base demand reagent do not correspond to any particular PH change. Depending on other factors one drop of acid/base demand reagent could be a tiny change in PH or a huge change in PH.

Linkterfur

Feb 26, 2012
Stowe, VT
JasonLion said:
Linkterfur, Drops of acid/base demand reagent do not correspond to any particular PH change. Depending on other factors one drop of acid/base demand reagent could be a tiny change in PH or a huge change in PH.
Oh wow thanks. That's actually good to know, I personally don't even bother to use them.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Would be easier to tell with a white sheet of paper or something behind it instead of various amounts of light ...

But looks like 7.6 to me in that picture.