OB Northern California (Roseville) Rehab / buried

Hey Team,
IMG_20201017_165145918_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20201018_141126090_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20201020_172845935_HDR.jpgIMG_20201019_100337436_HDR.jpgIMG_20201017_165145918_HDR~2.jpg
It's been a while since I posted. I have been making progress slowly but surely.

Here is what has been accomplished since my last post in early October.
Mid October had wall repaired, cabo built and raised a section of the wall.

Reactions: TexasRain
About 3 weeks after the mods to the structure were complete. We added plenty of water for curing no cracks. We had tile installed, we ended up using a Arizona tile shimmer glass tile. We are happy with the results. The pillars will have natural stone.
Our tile guy threw in the markers, I paid him a little extra.

Not sure why first picture has filter causing that brown tint
download_20201201_221538~2-01.jpegdownload_20201201_221525-01.jpegdownload_20201201_221517~2.jpg

Alright this is where the project sit today. Concrete deck scheduled to be poured on Saturday. Is there any last minute items I should be looking for.

Deck forms have been set. Crew will be here tomorrow to set gravel, compact, and set rebar.

We are going with simple canterliver broom finish. Didn't really see stamp that will compliment the shape. Color undecided, possibly medium gray

Please share any last minute words of wisdom

download_20201201_221306.jpgdownload_20201201_221312.jpgdownload_20201201_221319.jpgdownload_20201201_221325.jpgdownload_20201201_221331.jpgdownload_20201201_221341.jpg

Reactions: mguzzy
No great advice for you, just chiming in to say I have followed your thread with great interest. I'm very happy for your family that you finally found someone to take it on! Especially during these virus times. They can't always be brought back, but it looks like you will soon be enjoying it!

LOVE everything I see!

Deck-make sure the put "chairs" under the rebar before they pour. This keeps the rebar in the middle of the cement. Some say "we will lift it up as we go".............NOPE! We both know it will sink back down :roll: They can use just about anything to lift it so long as it is off the ground.

Looks Great!.. that is quite the deep end! The only thing I can think of is if there are any places you want to stub conduits or sprinkler lines under the concrete, its easier to lay those lines now. You just for that future something. ;)
This is a really good point. We had an empty conduit "sleeve" put under a paved area in case we needed it for wiring in the future. I can't tell if this would be useful for your specific project, but it's worth considering. Just make sure you make a note of where it's located for if/when you ever need to go digging for it.

Otherwise, thanks for sharing, this thread has been fun to follow and I look forwarding to seeing future posts!

Thanks for the feedback. Here are a few more of the prep work for the deck.

I wasn't home for it, my wife said they laid this base like material applied water and compactor.

Question? did a little research on here and some suggest using some form of material between the bond beam and the pour. What do you guys think. It's a single pour with control joints.

Leaning towards broom finish... Should I pay the extra for some sort of stamp. ( A little concerned with a slippery deck)

PXL_20201202_233007985.jpgPXL_20201202_232916270.jpgdownload_20201202_160713-01.jpegPXL_20201202_232907712-03.jpegdownload_20201202_160715-01.jpeg

Reactions: TexasRain

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Back with another update. Unfortunately we couldn't find the grab bar anchors prior to the pour.

We ended up with a last minute upgrade, added some color and stamp to the deck. Pool deck light broom standard 12" coping band, surrounded by medium grey old granite stamp. We are pretty happy with the results. Due to the cold weather curing times will take longer.

Next is equipment set up.

Need some feedback....

Current list of equipment.
- Jandy power center 6614 AP
- Jandy aqualink RS 8
- Jandy aquapure PLC 1400
- Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST
- Aqualink 2.0
- Jandy Nichless color lights (3)
- Jandy actuators

Equipment needed
- Filter ( looking at Jandy 580)
- pool cleaner ( Pentair warrior SE/SI or equivalent)
- water feature pump ( unknown if needed)

Water features built
- 3 deck jets
- 2 24" Jandy sheer decent
- 2 21" spillway waterbowls

Questions
1. Do I need a second pump ( water feature pump)
2. Pool filter & robot recommendations
3. Should I add solar panels now if so which ones?
4. Do's and Don'ts when plumbing equipment ( line configuration with valves, skimmer, suction, water features

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm at the finish line. Everyone has provided much needed feedback. Based on the research seems like plumbing configuration is a critical phasePXL_20201207_002525021.jpgPXL_20201207_003434589.jpgPXL_20201207_214716044.jpg

PXL_20201207_002550963.jpgPXL_20201207_002418822.jpg

Why are you mixing a Jandy Aqualink and AquaPure with a Pentair IntelliFlo pump? I would get an IntelliCenter bundle with the integrated IntelliChlor.

Why are you mixing a Jandy Aqualink and AquaPure with a Pentair IntelliFlo pump? I would get an IntelliCenter bundle with the integrated IntelliChlor.

So unfortunately I got a little aggressive early in the process and "jumped the gun" My initial plan was all Pentair, Got a screaming deal on the pump. About 2 months later the same guy I got the pump from contacts me about more pool equipment he had. That is were all the Jandy stuff came from. (really good deal on the items all NEW paid like %50 of retail)

So what to do know?

Option 1 - Buy VS FloPro 2.7 HP Jandy pump about $1,100 ish. Use Pentair as water feature pump (use comm cable to wire in- seen a few youtube videos on it)

Option 2 - Use Pentair pump as standalone main pump (program w/ on board controller) pick up Jandy water feature pump.

Option 3 - Use Pentair or Jandy pump only ( Do I even need a second pump for my set up) will be using a robot Pentair Warrios SE/SI or Dolphin S200

thoughts

Questions
1. Do I need a second pump ( water feature pump)
2. Pool filter & robot recommendations
3. Should I add solar panels now if so which ones?
4. Do's and Don'ts when plumbing equipment ( line configuration with valves, skimmer, suction, water features
1. Only if you think you need to run your water features independent of your filtration schedule. My water fall is on its own pump so I can run it anytime.
2. I'm partial to the cartridge filters.. Just get the biggest one you can. Read up on them in the wiki
3. Naw... if the lines are stubbed in, you can wait and add them anytime. Then you can see if your swim season is reasonable without them first.
4. Don't glue your fingers together. its bad form.

The Aqualink is supposed to be able to control the basic VS controls of the Pentair IntelliFlo. Read Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

Water features built
- 3 deck jets
- 2 24" Jandy sheer decent
- 2 21" spillway waterbowls

The deck jets and waterbowls don't need a large flow. The arc of the sheer descent will be affected by the water flow. If you can set things up initially with one pump and see how it works for you but leave room to add the second pump if you don't like the way it works with one pump.

If I were you I would get the IntelliCenter bundle and sell your Aqualink. I think you will find you can have much better control over your water features, pumps, and speeds with the IntelliCenter. For all you are putting into the pool it is a small cost to switch.

1. Only if you think you need to run your water features independent of your filtration schedule. My water fall is on its own pump so I can run it anytime.
2. I'm partial to the cartridge filters.. Just get the biggest one you can. Read up on them in the wiki
3. Naw... if the lines are stubbed in, you can wait and add them anytime. Then you can see if your swim season is reasonable without them first.
4. Don't glue your fingers together. its bad form.

Mguzzy

As always thanks for the feedback, any specific brand in solar I should be looking for?

The Aqualink is supposed to be able to control the basic VS controls of the Pentair IntelliFlo. Read Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

The deck jets and waterbowls don't need a large flow. The arc of the sheer descent will be affected by the water flow. If you can set things up initially with one pump and see how it works for you but leave room to add the second pump if you don't like the way it works with one pump.

If I were you I would get the IntelliCenter bundle and sell your Aqualink. I think you will find you can have much better control over your water features, pumps, and speeds with the IntelliCenter. For all you are putting into the pool it is a small cost to switch.

Ajw22

Thanks for the feedback, I will talk to my installer see what he can do to help me with swapping equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.