OB in Southern Highlands, Las Vegas NV - HELP NEEDED!

Everything looks wonderful, so nice and clean!!! I’m so happy your project is coming along quick and efficient. As always if you need anything I’m just a rock through away in mountains edge. I’m sure once your automation is going you will have more questions so feel free to come and play with mine anytime.

Shotcrete complete! Very happy with it, only concern is the depth of the spa bench mainly on the 2 sides the water spills into the pool. It’s currently 17 inches inches from the bench to the top edge where the water spills over, was told it will deeper once pool is complete but not sure how if there’s only tile around the top and plaster where the bench is (maybe I’m overthinking it). Would have preferred to be sitting deeper in the water, but at least the wife will be happy!

3UTy68U.jpg

qfy2pwt.jpg

I would go measure it then fill your tub that much and see how you like it. They can add more gunite to the walls to make them higher. They can also add some to the seats to make different heights for everyone.

Let us know what you end up doing.

This is the time I share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so this will give you time to start reading and learning!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

This is also when I ask what test kit your PB will be giving you. Let us know so we can help you fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wish I would’ve put the benches a few inches lower to get deeper in the water. I’m 6’2” and when I sit in the spa the water comes to the top of my belly. It’s comfortable and I still love it. Plus, the wife is quite a bit shorter, so she’d probably be underwater at that height.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post some progress pictures as of yesterday. Pebbletec is getting completed today and tomorrow, should be able to fill within the next couple of days. Need to figure out landscape around pool/pavers - Hopefully have that done in the next couple of weeks. I think I want to do pebbled rock, alot of trellis (blue/white flowers), planters in between, and lights.

Help needed with startup - Any Las Vegas O/B have good startup pool guy in town? Need to get the IC40 installed, open to doing it myself as well.

I also ran gas/power for fire pit and bbq you can't see in these pics - Those will have to wait to finish until I replenish the bank account. Total cost for project trending to be just under 39k complete (including pavers around yard, minus completed fire feature/bbq)

u3MpApZ.jpg

eZXg4UN.jpg

SUEYQPp.jpg

You need to start adding water as soon as the plaster is done really. You will need to put a sock on the end of the hoses to keep the metal off your new plaster and it also helps filter the water some. Put the hose right on the middle of the main drain. Do NOT turn off the water until the water is up to the middle of the waterline tiles. Fill the spa last if you have one.

As far as start up you can do it on your own. It would take some deep pockets to pay someone to start up the pool due to daily testing. I saw you on the other thread where he is doing his own start up. PM him and ask him about it. He is a nice guy and I bet he would love to help you out!

I second what Kim said on startup, even if you hire someone my gut tells me you will still go out there and run your own test and post results so I wouldn’t spend the money.
But if your set on having someone I have a guy and he does landscaping stone work, electrical, fire pits etc and he’s great and affordable. Just email me if you need the contact he can do your ic40 as well. He is doing my bbq pit and all kinds of other stuff at my house right now if you check out my thread
And everything looks great! Please post pics as you fill

I second what Kim said on startup, even if you hire someone my gut tells me you will still go out there and run your own test and post results so I wouldn’t spend the money.
But if your set on having someone I have a guy and he does landscaping stone work, electrical, fire pits etc and he’s great and affordable. Just email me if you need the contact he can do your ic40 as well. He is doing my bbq pit and all kinds of other stuff at my house right now if you check out my thread
And everything looks great! Please post pics as you fill

Will, your yard looks absolutely amazing - I sent you an e-mail for his info. And you’re absolutely right,I will be overly involved in the startup I might as well just do it myself...

You need to start adding water as soon as the plaster is done really. You will need to put a sock on the end of the hoses to keep the metal off your new plaster and it also helps filter the water some. Put the hose right on the middle of the main drain. Do NOT turn off the water until the water is up to the middle of the waterline tiles. Fill the spa last if you have one.

As far as start up you can do it on your own. It would take some deep pockets to pay someone to start up the pool due to daily testing. I saw you on the other thread where he is doing his own start up. PM him and ask him about it. He is a nice guy and I bet he would love to help you out!

Kim, thanks for the confidence that’s all I needed! I’ll reach out to Deric to get started on the right foot and go from there. Filling will begin tomorrow!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.