NPT Stonescapes French Gray - Need a tad darker

TmkemD

In The Industry
Sep 12, 2021
Raleigh, NC
I am losing my mind trying to choose a water/plaster color. My PB uses Stonescapes mini pebbles. We like the blue-gray tones of French Gray, but it is a bit too light. What is my next option that will yield the same tones without being too dark? We are considering French Gray - Touch of Glass, but can't quite figure out if that will help create a bit deeper of a color. Thank you!!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Here is a thread all about plaster colors! I hope this is helpful:

You can also add in darker pebbles to change the overall color.

Reactions: TmkemD

TmkemD

In The Industry
Sep 12, 2021
Raleigh, NC
Here is a thread all about plaster colors! I hope this is helpful:

You can also add in darker pebbles to change the overall color.
Thank you. Doesn't the addition of darker pebbles void any warranties?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is something to ask your PB to be on the extra safe side. If they say yes then you can swap out some of the lighter ones for the darker ones to keep the ratio the same as far as pebble to plaster ratio.

Michele K

Nov 14, 2021
Southern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I am looking for a medium blue with gray undertones. I can't decide if Tropics Blue is too dark for us. I want to see the bottom a little, but French Gray is way too light. Thoughts?
I am in the same situation but my PB only uses Pebbletec. I don’t love the pebble look and like the evenness of French Grey pebble but the color is too light. I loved the French grey jewelscapes but I have to stick with Pebbletec. I couldn’t find any photos of it either of actual water color. I asked about switching pebbles or doing double pigment. Was concerned to change liquid to powder to pebble ration. You have to sign a waiver. My idea is I am asking to just use another darker pigment so it doesn’t change the wet dry ratio. I am going with French Grey pebble with Prism blue pigment. Pebbletec needs that color. I am hoping since it is standard pebble it won’t increase the price. I plan n adding the shimmering sea to it.