Now that Labour day is upon us....

wogster

In The Industry
Apr 30, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How many are packing it in for the winter, our pool is maybe 20C (68F) now, and with no heater, we are calling the season done, it's closing next week, until after the May two-four weekend next year. We got good use in July, I have not been in, in a couple of weeks..... The kid has, but even she isn't so thrilled now.... See ya all next spring....

Reactions: Flying Tivo
I will fire up the heater tomorrow planning for a final swim on holiday Monday. Calling for a sunny high of 17C (62F). After that once the water temps drop to below 60 we will winterize. Judging from the summer we had there is no reason to expect a decent fall. We also have not swam in the last 2 weeks. So glad we have the SWCG or my pool would be green for sure! Looking forward to hot tub season :cheers:

Ours was still at 72 this morning after not heating all week (we did finally cover it though). As it stands now, we'll heat for Sunday and Monday (sadly Sunday is starting to look a bit iffy), and then we're probably done too. I'm still kind of hoping for a rebound heatwave later in the month for a last hurrah, but I agree, it's not very likely. We'll keep managing the water and throwing in the robot until the pool temps drop, and then we'll close and cover. Whatever happens, it was a pretty good season here even with the rain and weird temps.

I feel just a little guilty writing this comment. Here in Southern California, we don't close our pools. My water temp is 80F (26C). It will probably get up to 82F by 2:00 p.m. pacific time later today. We can probably swim into October. But that is why I live in Southern California.

Here in NW Georgia it's been sunny and very warm the past week, and no reason to think it's going to change anytime soon. I can easily imagine comfortably swimming into October and maybe November, as strange as the weather's become. Pool temp has been in the upper 70s and low to mid 80s.

We'll close when the water temp drops below 60.

I feel just a little guilty writing this comment. Here in Southern California, we don't close our pools. My water temp is 80F (26C). It will probably get up to 82F by 2:00 p.m. pacific time later today. We can probably swim into October. But that is why I live in Southern California.
I scoff at your 80F. Way up north in the SF Bay Area, my pool has been a constant 88 for weeks. The auto-cover retains the heat. If it does cool, the solar gives it a boost. If it rises too high, the night solar cools it down. Yawn, constant temperature is so boring.

How many are packing it in for the winter, our pool is maybe 20C (68F) now, and with no heater, we are calling the season done, it's closing next week, until after the May two-four weekend next year. We got good use in July, I have not been in, in a couple of weeks..... The kid has, but even she isn't so thrilled now.... See ya all next spring....

When I saw the title, I thought you were from the UK. I didn't realize Canadians spell labor that way too.

I went in my pool today, after a second straight day of cleaning out a bunch of leaves. My son and his girlfriend went in too. It was 82, but they said it was cold. The solar cover that a friend gave me is helping. I always try to keep it open until it's too cold to go in. Trying to hold onto summer. But since my central air broke a few days ago, I've had it with summer.

I'll be preparing to winterize my pool too. I'm buying a winter cover on Friday. I'm not very concerned about the water because I have to replace the liner next year anyway. Night time temps in the 50's for the next few weeks have done a number on my pool temp and it's just time. We dont have a heater. I'll get in on Tuesday with Leonard (granddaughter) to let her swim one last time n pull the steps when we're done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.