Notice from a new kid to all you senior TFP members...

a-castan

Gold Supporter
Mar 9, 2019
Schertz, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In browsing some of the threads to see if I can find answers, I've noticed so many similar queries, I mean SO many! I joined in 2019, but really just rediscovered it. Just want to say how amazingly patient and so helpful and welcoming everyone is. I hope one day to be so knowledgeable and carefree that my biggest concern will be rescuing ladybugs out of my sparkling pool!
:)

“Patient” … “helpful” … “welcoming” …. Hmmmm. Clearly our customer service training standards have slipped. There will be an immediate correction and all mods/guides will undergo intense “re-education” session -

GIF by moodman

Never fear, we will be back to our grumpy, unhelpful selves shortly ….

I was gone for a while, too. I kept entering my password into my laptop, but it wasn't working. I tried all the keys, for months, but nope, the screen just stayed black. So I couldn't get on the internet all that time. Turned out to be my waffle iron...

Last edited:
I was gone for a while, too. I kept entering my password into my laptop, but it wasn't working. I tried all the keys, for months, but nope, the screen just stayed black. So I couldn't get on the internet all that time. Turned out to be my waffle iron...
That and I heard you used up TFP's allotment of words for the month. So, the first of each month you can get rolling again. :giggle:

And yes A-C, accuracy, consistency and pleasantness are important to us.

That and I heard you used up TFP's allotment of words for the month. So, the first of each month you can get rolling again. :giggle:
New donation packages :

Gold + (free rollover words)
Gold unlimited (2 GB extra words)
Gold unlimited + (4GB extra words)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmm, I'm not sure which package I have. It's already March 22, so I'm getting near the end of the month... You'd think that 2 GB would be enough, but I dunno, I must be getting close. Maybe I'll upgrade, just to play it safe. I would hate to run ou

Hmm, I'm not sure which package I have. It's already March 22, so I'm getting near the end of the month... You'd think that 2 GB would be enough, but I dunno, I must be getting close. Maybe I'll upgrade, just to play it safe. I would hate to run ou
I'm pretty sure you're running on fumes after weighing in on just my threads alone!

Totally agree with the OP, the people on here are amazing! One day I hope to be able to give back some of the knowledge I've extracted.

@a-castan, make sure to tell everyone you know with a pool that TFP care is so stupid easy that we just sit around enjoying each other's company. Our own pools are long handled, as well as anyone who found us that needs a hand, so we might as well enjoy the downtime. 😁

Reactions: TKpoolOH
@a-castan, make sure to tell everyone you know with a pool that TFP care is so stupid easy that we just sit around enjoying each other's company. Our own pools are long handled, as well as anyone who found us that needs a hand, so we might as well enjoy the downtime. 😁
Ha! I will certainly highly recommend this forum. Was at one of the pool stores to get some chlorine, chit chatting and mentioned the forum and how awesome it is. A weak, oh, yeah... then crickets.

Reactions: Newdude
I don't know how you were able to stay away. I think the longest I haven't at least logged on and browsed new content is... :unsure: I don't even know. I think maybe 2 days. Ok, maybe a week.
I got lazy (ok, and intimidated) and hired a service. I used them for chem-only, and there was another Pentair certified company that I used for any repairs. But a couple CYA locks and a revolving door of new and untrained techs just got old.... I figured I cant do any worse, right?

Reactions: aztodd and Newdude
a revolving door of new and untrained techs just got old
I still don't understand how the pool maintenance company business model can be sustainable. But I imagine the only way to keep it afloat is to cut wages. So you have to maintain a minimum-wage army and load them up with as many pools as possible. But once they realize that a bevy of frustrated housewives awaiting them on their route is only a video fantasy, they are not long for the business, which in reality is just a lot of hard work out in the summer sun or winter rain. So they are constantly being replaced by the next set of unsuspecting recruits. There is no time to train them, and no time for them to learn your pool (since every pool is different in terms of what it needs for maintenance).

You absolutely can't do any worse than that, because TFP will train you, you'll learn what your pool needs, and you'll actually care about it.

Reactions: a-castan
But once they realize that a bevy of frustrated housewives awaiting them on their route is only a video fantasy
I have to say the pool guy I hired did not live up to the hot pool boy standards I was sold on tv/movies either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.