Not sure what to do - SWG

Mar 31, 2018
Raleigh, NC
My Jandy PLC 1400 isn't producing chlorine. I haven't cleaned it yet, but I have never had good results with that. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have replaced it in 13 years. Not sure if I should replace it, move on to something different, just go straight chlorine. Not happy right now. Love to get some opinions.

Asking which SWG is better is like asking car buffs which make/model they like better. Sit back and get ready for the chatter. :epds:

One thing that will help the discussion though, please update your signature with all of your pool details and any other equipment you have since that can impact the replies you receive. Happy shopping, and welcome to TFP. :wave:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Did some more research on this and looks like they are a scam.

Looking for replacement cells I ran across this with a 5 year warranty. Anyone know anything about these? Looks like a good deal and alot cheaper.

Last edited:
Don't do it unless you want to call Australia for your customer service (it's a rebranded CompuPool cell). If you want to return it, I don't think anyone has ever directly reached that retailer in North Carolina or Illinois by phone or e-mail. The 5 yr warranty is worthless. Are you prepared to send the cell back to Australia when it fails in order to get a replacement. If you ever get a replacement. There is a reason why the price is super inexpensive with a 5yr warranty. It's like flushing money down the toilet imo. Do potential customers not see the dozens of complaints online about this company not honoring their warranty?

Last edited:
My Jandy PLC 1400 isn't producing chlorine. I haven't cleaned it yet, but I have never had good results with that. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have replaced it in 13 years. Not sure if I should replace it, move on to something different, just go straight chlorine. Not happy right now. Love to get some opinions.
I thought the same thing but the sun just ate more than I thought. I took an empty water bottle and captured water coming out the return and then stuck a test strip in it. The chlorine level was high at this point which told me it was working. I adding enough chlorine to pool to bring level up to 5ppm. No problems since. Hope this helps.

Also make sure u have enough salt in the pool or not to much.

So this is what I have done since yesterday.

Cleaned the salt cell. It had lots of buildup on it. Used about a 5-1 muratic acid and water mix and got all of the build up off of it.
Anyway with that done, I gues it was reading the salt incorrectly before because the salt was at 4100. So I dumped some water out of the pool and refilled it with fresh water and it is now around 3700 which is still a little high but should be OK.

The flow sensor on the jandy showed that it was on program A but didn't have a green light for flow. So I messed with the cord a little and now it has a green light for flow. (Little worried about that).

Seemed to run good for awhile then the service light came on.

I set it to boost and it definitely smells like chlorine out there.

So not sure if I should just ignore the service light, let it run for awhile, clean the flow sensor, buy a new flow sensor, or dump the entire unit for something else.

Help please.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.