not sure what is causeing this

rmg107

Jun 23, 2021
plant city, fl
not sure what happened here had a massive algae problem when i started getting pool ready for the summer got it cleared up to where i was able to see the bottom then suddenly this happened i have added enough shock, chlorine, and clarifier to drown and elephant been like this for four weeks. two weeks ago i removed zeo sand and put regular pool sand back in filter because someone advised that may cause this problem but still nothing

Attachments

• poolwater.jpg
    poolwater.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 18
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Great you have a test kit. Post a full set of test results. Let us know what test kit you are using.

The SLAM Process is what you need to follow. You have had algae and the pool is cloudy. You may want to drain and refill about half your pool volume to reduce your CYA to 40 ppm. That will make the clean up much easier.

but any way does any one have any idea what might be the root cause of the cloud i have had the pool at shock levels of chlorine with filter running 24hrs for almost two months straight now will post chem lvls tomorrow as when i get off work will be too dark to run test i am running a 2400gph sand filter pool is 15 x 36 so filter should be turning over the pool once per hour - once per 1.5 hr i have maintained three tablets in filter basket and added 1 gal of liquid every 3 days and shock every Saturday

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.