not sure what happened

joem2020

May 14, 2020
Utah
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago and not sure what happened.

Pool guy came out to open the pool for the season and i wasn't home so not sure what all he did. But the next working i noticed the pool cover was sagging a ton and the pump was making a weird sound. Looked at pump and pump was dry. Opened cover quickly and water was 2 inches below the tile. Super worried there was a leak since this is a new build that was completed last August and this was the first winter. Filled the pool back up and everything has been fine since but no idea where that much water went. It is a 46 x 18 pool so that was a couple thousand gallons of water. Seems like there would be a sink hole or swamp in my yard somewhere if it was just flushed out somewhere. Any ideas?

So did you ever figure out why the water level dropped after the pool company opened your pool? Your filter isn't listed in your signature, but I wondered if the tech left the multiport valve on a WASTE setting perhaps allowing water to drain that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.