not another jet directional question...lol

Jun 14, 2018
Long Island NY
18x36 in-ground, 3 feet deep upfront then slopping to 8 feet. 2 skimmers, 1 main, 2 returns. I don't have a heater. I suppose my goal with jet placement is to properly keep the water circulating to skim the surface and if possible, push the dirt from the shallow end towards the main.

I wont lie, I dont even remember how I had the jets pointed last year (moved into a new home last summer and its my first inground pool). However, last year I was using a single speed pump and now I have a VS pump (if that makes a difference).

Right now I have both jets pointing in the same direction but one is angled towards the bottom and the other is barely breaking the water surface to hopefully simulate a circular motion. When the pump is on the low speed (which lasts 22 hours a day) it seems like debris on the surface is not moving. If I aim both jets directly at the skimmers and create a tiny ripple in the water surface, it seems like the floating debris makes it way towards the skimmers but does nothing for the dirt on floor.

Thoughts on this age old and highly debated question?

Stuff that falls into the pool either floats on the surface and should find its way to the skimmers or will sink to the floor and you need a pool cleaner running along the floor to pick it up.

Toss some ping pong balls in the pool and watch the way they move towards the skimmers. Play with the return adjustments to get the best flow to the skimmers.

Get a pool cleaner to deal with the dirt on the floor.

Stuff that falls into the pool either floats on the surface and should find its way to the skimmers or will sink to the floor and you need a pool cleaner running along the floor to pick it up.

Toss some ping pong balls in the pool and watch the way they move towards the skimmers. Play with the return adjustments to get the best flow to the skimmers.

Get a pool cleaner to deal with the dirt on the floor.
Ping pong balls huh...good idea

Recommendations for a auto pool cleaner?

Ping pong balls huh...good idea

Recommendations for a auto pool cleaner?

I am a pressure cleaner guy. If you are not plumbed for it then robots are the way to go. Browse the Pool Cleaners section and see what people are gushing over.

Novice here....is that what these fittings are for? But I notice in the pool the liner covers whatever is behind there but the mounting plate is there

It possibly is. Is it a 1" pipe at the pool and is it threaded inside?

For a pressure cleaning system you need to connect up a booster pump like this Polaris PB4SQ Booster Pump | #1 Swimming Pool Cleaner Worldwide | Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaners and a cleaner like Polaris Quattro | #1 Swimming Pool Cleaner Worldwide | Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaners

For the complexity it will take to install it you are better off with a robot cleaner if you have electrical near the pool to connect it to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.