Callipear

May 30, 2021
Bucks County, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year I brought my pool back from the brink of becoming a pond.

Backstory, grew up at the property, suddenly it was in my hands in Fall 2019. The pool had been closed for two whole seasons, covered by a ripped tarp—everything got in, including a couple of cinder blocks, which rested on the tarp along with hundreds of pounds of leaves (that’s what it felt like)!

In order to remove the cover, I first had to remove the leaves and cinderblocks! Drained the pool a couple of feet, laid an extension ladder over the pool, and like a monkey I went out on the ladder, flipped upside down and fished out the cinderblock, handing it to my team on deck. The other block was a bit easier as it was in the low end.

(Why didn’t I drain the pool fully? Well here in Southestern PA, we’ve got a tricky high water table. And last year the water table was just 4” below the surface, with water sometimes pooling on the lawn).
I acid-washed I could, replaced 20ft of tile, regrouted, and patched plaster cracks.

Fast forward a year later, this is my 2nd pool opening and took just a week to clear!
I’ve since been using a Jandy acid tool to clean up the stains on the bottom of the pool. Not sure how I can clean up the walls without draining the pool.

Ultimately, I’m looking forward to a dry Spring where I can get the pool properly replastered, as well as replace the tile and coping (might as well do it all, since it’s in so-so shape. With any luck it will be Spring 2022–unless anyone has ever heard of a Fall replaster in the North? (I don’t have a heater, and I usually close the pool at the end of September).
Thank you all for reading.

Attachments

• 6F8C59E5-84B7-4A9E-BE10-D7B1502015CD.jpeg
    6F8C59E5-84B7-4A9E-BE10-D7B1502015CD.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 821A3538-FBEC-43C3-BFE8-BFAB901CFAF8.jpeg
    821A3538-FBEC-43C3-BFE8-BFAB901CFAF8.jpeg
    844 KB · Views: 7