nodejs-poolcontroller question

Oct 25, 2018
Sarasota Florida
Hey All, I have a Pentair Intelliflo VS+SRVS pump and a Pentair Solar EasyTouch system. I'd like to automate these and was going to go down the path of shelly controllers but am now looking at NodeJS-PoolController for this project. Can I simply connect both the EasyTouch and the Pump to my RS485 adapter on my raspberryPi? I know this is probably obvious to most but I'm just getting into the project.

Sorry, it's not an EasyTouch, it's a SolarTouch controller. I currently have the pump, the solartouch, and a Pool Pilot Digital Nano.
Can I still connect directly to these with the RS485 and the Nodejs-PoolController project or is an EasyTouch system a pre-req?

No an EasyTouch is not required. However, the SolarTouch will try to control the pump if it is connect to it. Honestly, I would simply disconnect it and use Nixie. The Nano doesn't talk with anything as far as I am aware.

No an EasyTouch is not required. However, the SolarTouch will try to control the pump if it is connect to it. Honestly, I would simply disconnect it and use Nixie. The Nano doesn't talk with anything as far as I am aware.
I just want to say thank you for all of your answers! You're helping me on two threads and I very much appreciate it. One more question, if an EasyTouch is not required, and I'm hooking directly to my pump, do I have to buy an IntelliFlo device or a Flo-Buster to send pump speeds or can this be done directly with the RS485 and a RaspberryPi? If I can go directly then I think the Nixie build would be great, but if I'm buying actuators, I'm leaning more towards a Sonoff wifi relay and just bringing this into HomeAssistant and writing my scenes/automations there.

Here's the Flo-Buster for reference Upstream Controls

The speeds are sent directly over RS485. That flow buster really only sends the program setting for the pumps so you don't want or need such a device. For IntelliFlo (XF,VS,VSF,VS+SVRS) you are not limited to the 4 schedule speeds. You can set any speed from 0-3450 in steps of 1 rpm from Nixie. It will also return the current rpm and energy use which can be displayed in your HASS or added to any energy metering you have set up on it.

The speeds are sent directly over RS485. That flow buster really only sends the program setting for the pumps so you don't want or need such a device. For IntelliFlo (XF,VS,VSF,VS+SVRS) you are not limited to the 4 schedule speeds. You can set any speed from 0-3450 in steps of 1 rpm from Nixie. It will also return the current rpm and energy use which can be displayed in your HASS or added to any energy metering you have set up on it.
Alright, you've got my attention, I have my Raspberry Pi up and running, downloaded the PoolController and REM. I don't have it connected to my pump yet (my external wire for my pump arrives Wednesday). While I'm waiting is there anything else I can config? Any pointers on getting this integrated into HomeAssistant?
I'm stuck at this screen right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 02 16-41-14.png
    Screenshot at May 02 16-41-14.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot at May 02 16-41-34.png
    Screenshot at May 02 16-41-34.png
    15 KB · Views: 29
Alright so pull dashPanel as well and this will allow you to configure your equipment. Some advice would be to disconnect that SunTouch. Nixie will give you heater priorities when you get that LP gas heater replaced, control the solar valves, and manage the pump speeds when the solar kicks on. It will even prime the panels if you want it to. Then model your setup in Nixie. I don't use HASS but there are a ton of folks that are using it and have contributed to instructions on how to customize it to your configuration.

Reactions: tagyoureit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.