No room to add a heater

randys

Gold Supporter
Oct 28, 2018
Clayton, NC
I want a propane heater to extend our season. There is no room on the pad, but I was thinking that if I could have the HVAC units moved further to the right, then pour another slab and move the pool equipment to the right, the heater can be to the left, closest to the propane tank and feed back to the pool. Think it would work? Our would propane heater need to be further from the house?
IMG_20190902_171040110.jpgIMG_20190902_171014153.jpg

Code requires a certain equipment clearance from the electrical panel.

Can you move that AC compressor in the middle of the pic to the side of the other one? Then you can put the heater on that pad and not need to move everything else.

A Pentair MasterTemp is 21x23x28.2. If you move the MPV waste line and that electrical cable will it fit on the corner of the pad by the filter opposite the electrical panel?

I'm going to measure everything today. One of the issues is that the middle AC compressor sits under a portion of the house that sticks out a bit, so if the heater needs exhaust clearance, that won't work. Additionally, the corner of the pad that seems free is closest to the pool's control panel, which is also an electrical sub panel.

I'm going to measure everything today. One of the issues is that the middle AC compressor sits under a portion of the house that sticks out a bit, so if the heater needs exhaust clearance, that won't work. Additionally, the corner of the pad that seems free is closest to the pool's control panel, which is also an electrical sub panel.

I think you can position the heater so the exhaust vent on the side is not under the overhang.

From page 16 https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...ater_Installation_and_Users_Guide_English.pdf

If the heater is located under a roof overhang, there must be at least three (3) feet (1m) of clearance between the bottom of the overhang and the top of the heater exhaust vent, see Figure 8. If the heater is under a roof overhang, the space around the heater must be open on three sides.

Reactions: randys
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.