No Power to Control Unit

SkyGuy

Dec 21, 2019
Daytona Beach, FL
I have been out of town for a while on business. When I returned home, my wife said the pool pump had stopped working 5 days ago. I opened the cover, there appears to be no power to the control/display unit. The breaker is set.

-Intelliflo VSP 354605
-I recently replaced the control/display unit with an aftermarket unit.
-My wife said it was working fine up until Saturday, then just didn't come on Sunday.

It worked correctly for two months, but apparently died shortly before I returned home from overseas. Does anyone know where I can go from here? I'm pretty much at the limit of my capabilities on this one.

Last edited:

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
SG,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to learn all about how to care for your pool... :shark:

I assume that your new control head has bought the big one, but you never can know for sure... Before I went any farther, I would reset the breaker, just to make sure and then use a volt meter to measure between the hot inputs (L1 and L2) right at the pump and make sure you have 240 volts there.

If you do, then I would make one last desperate act of taking the new controller off and then reconnecting it..

Did the after market controller have any kind of warranty?

How old is this pump? I do not show your P/N as valid..

Sorry,

Jim R.