LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just opened pool. It was so easy last year, pool was clear as we closed it when we opened. We figured this would be quick and easy. Nope.

The water is technically clear if you scoop a cup of it. There was red stuff on top of the cover as we syphoned off some water. I noticed an earthy smell. Got the cover off and looks like red stuff and dirt all on bottom of pool. No clue how this got on our cover or in our pool. My husband said he saw tiny worms. I was just going around brushing the sides of the pool and pushing the bottom dirt and red stuff towards the center. Is there something specific I need???? I didn't see a lot of worms in the pool, but I saw a few, so I'm sure there are some down in there.

Please help!!

Thanks!! Ran filter all night. All the dirt and muck is in the middle now. Going to vacuum that up to waste. Then will just run vacuum a couple hours on its own. Water looked better now that it was all in the middle. Just a little cloudy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.