No Mor Muriatic Acid

That is sodium bisulfate. Do not put that in your pool water. Especially with a SWCG. The sulfates build on your water and destroy metals, ie your SWCG.

Reactions: MonkeyGirl22
Home Depot carries Muriatic Acid in the lawn/garden center, usually on an end cap near the other pool chemicals.
Buy that - it's the least expensive and easiest to find. Shows ~265 cases in N Frisco store right now.

Home Depot carries Muriatic Acid in the lawn/garden center, usually on an end cap near the other pool chemicals.
Buy that - it's the least expensive and easiest to find. Shows ~265 cases in N Frisco store right now.

thank you

Here in Las Vegas only Leslie's or other pool stores are licensed to sell 31.45% Muriatic Acid. The big box stores can sell 14.5%. For the price because I can get more doses out of 31.45% I buy from Leslie's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 1 stop guys in Plano opened a new store a few blocks away from the old store. Not sure of the name but they sent a text a few months ago to old customers. It's too far of a drive for me in north Frisco.

Reactions: Lilypad
Is all of there acid at leslies that strong or do you need to look for it?
Several brands like the ones at the home centers stopped listing the %. The data safety sheet for the HD kind now says 10%-30% as a trade secret.

So look for the industry buzz words if the strength isn't clearly labeled. Eco, green or low/no fumes will likely be half strength (14.5%) and you'll need twice as many.

Is all of there acid at leslies that strong or do you need to look for it?
If Leslie’s doesn’t have 31.45% in stock, the big box stores will be cheaper with their 14.5%. In the garden section of Lowes and Home Depot is where they keep their MA along with their pool supplies. The percentage strength is on the box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.