No measurable chlorine

Poolfanfam

Jul 9, 2022
Wi
My turbo cell T 15 does not appear to be producing chlorine. Salt level does not drop no detectible chlorine. I have a prologic control panel. This spring the chlorinator read high salt/amp. I noticed a solder spot on the back of the motherboard was gray and faded. I resoldered that and the error message went away. Since then there is no chlorine from the T cell. I replaced the T cell still no chlorine. The volts amps and salt level readings are all normal. I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. I’m going to check fuses today but don’t suspect that’s the problem. Hayward Support was not helpful.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: A few questions to help get this discussion going:
1 - How old is your cell?
2 - How are you testing your water?
3 - Can you provide a full set of water test results; include salt too
Thanks for the followup
1. Purchased brand new cell and returned for another brand new cell when no chlorine what is detected.
2. Using too different test strips and taking water into pool store.
3. Attaching latest test results. This was after I shocked pool the previous night with 3 gallons of shock. Our pool is 24,000 gallons. All previous test showed no chlorine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 6
Okay, so at this moment it's difficult to know if it's a hardware issue with the cell (actually 2 cells) or chemistry. I say that because pool store testing is typically unreliable to say the least. Their advice isn't much better. In your case, the CYA and FC are extremely important. Your CYA appears to be low but could actually be much lower. We at TFP, and some SWG manufactures, recommend a minimum CYA of 70 to protect the FC.

As for your FC level, it's so low that you might also have an algae issue. Hard to know for sure unless you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. To perform an OCLT and manage your water properly, you really need a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Since you have salt, you should also consider a Taylor K-1766 salt kit. These tools are extremely important to prevent headaches down the road. So before you ditch the 2nd cell, I would continue adding liquid chlorine each day until you get one of those kits and can be sure of your levels. It all starts there.

Also see our Pool Care Basics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.