No/low return pressure, no suction, non-functional Polaris

Jayzeem83

Feb 17, 2019
Austin, Texas
Ok, so I’m getting ready to SLAM today and ran some chemistry tests for baseline numbers. Went to add some MA to balance pH and saw that there was no vortex of water from the return jets. One jet has no flow or pressure to be felt with my hand and the other two have minimal return flow felt. Also, my Polaris 360 is moving at all. Also, absolutely no suction from skimmer. What on earth!? I’m not sure whether this occurred suddenly as I have not been in the pool for a while since it’s green and I’ve needed to replace the back up valve on the Polaris and that just got done. What is the trouble shooting here before calling someone? Thank you!

When did you last clean your filter? What is your filter pressure versus it’s clean pressure?

Do you have a multi valve on your DE filter? If so, place in recirculate if you wish to continue with a SLAM until you can clean the filter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.