No link on Sceenlogic/easytouch

willy17

Bronze Supporter
Oct 17, 2017
Whitby Ontario Canada
Hi all,
I have the ScreenLogic2 kit and am having connection issues with my panel.
I’ve tried resets, and researched a ton to no avail - and honestly some reading has been so far over my head!
In looking at the 3 led lights on front of indoor panel the pwr is flashing - I understand this to be lost link or not linked - any ideas? Can’t control pool from any of my devices and when pulling up ScreenLogic app, it comes up but there is no info (ie temps) etc.
Here’s hoping it’s a battery or simple fix, this thing has been a bit of a thorn in my side!!
From reviewing another thread if it helps - equipment working/controllable if I go to my easytouch panel, pump has “display not active”
Thanks in advance!

Willy,

Nothing will work until you get the two transceivers to talk with one another..

The power light should be solid...

How far away from the Antenna transceiver on the EasyTouch is your indoor transceiver? What is in between...

The first thing I would do is to move the two units close together, even if it is just a test to see you can get the indoor unit talk with the outdoor unit and make the power light go solid..

Let's see what Tom has to say... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, they are actually very close, within 10 feet, through an exterior wall (siding).
I will try to bring the interior unit outside tomorrow right beside. I opened the exterior one today the pwr light was long slow blink (about 5 seconds on/off), no other lights.
Will keep you posted, and thanks for input.
GW

Greg,

Used two seasons? So this set up has been working for a year or two and is now bad???

If that is true, then most likely your antenna transceiver at the equipment pad has taken a lighting hit..

The fact that your pump says "Display not active" proves that your ET's com buss is working, which is a good thing.

Of course I am just guessing, as I have no way to tell for sure, but we have seen this happen before..

I suggest that you call Pentair and get their take on the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey sorry for the late response, you're right about the flashing pwr led... that means lost link. Jim made a good point about storms... have you had any lightning storms around the time of the failure?

What I would probably do - just to rule out the protocol adapter having a problem - is hard-wire it to the outdoor panel without using the wireless transceivers, and see if you can connect. This will of course require a 4 conductor cable of whatever length your system will need, and then you'll have to connect the box to your network as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.