No lights on Pentair IC40

lindamg

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Missouri
The lights on my IC40 are out. There doesn't seem to be a fuse anywhere, although it is wired through the cb. There is a green light on the circuit board. Given that the unit is almost 7 years old (pool is open about 6 months out of the year) I know the most likely answer is that it needs replacing. It was still producing chlorine and I didn't expect that when it failed all the power is lost. Are there any other options? Thanks.

From Pentair Intellichlor ICXX SWG - Further Reading

The ICXX cells are powered by either a stand-alone Power Center box or a transformer that is integrated with an Easy Touch or IntelliCenter Load Center.

Output: 22-39 VDC @ 6 AMPS maximum from the Power Center. [12]

The AC power goes into the power center and through the fuse and then goes into a step down transformer The output of the transformer should be about 28 Volts AC. You should check the you have either 120 VAC or 240 VAC going into the transformer and that you have about 28 VAC going to the board.

The board changes the 28 VAC into about 40 volts DC. If you have 28 VAC going into the board and do not have 40 VDC coming out, the board is bad.

The voltage between the red and black wire on the connector (J7) going to the cell is about 40 volts DC.

As you say, it is likely the cell is dead, but the above is a troubleshooting guide.

From Pentair Intellichlor ICXX SWG - Further Reading

The ICXX cells are powered by either a stand-alone Power Center box or a transformer that is integrated with an Easy Touch or IntelliCenter Load Center.

Output: 22-39 VDC @ 6 AMPS maximum from the Power Center. [12]

The AC power goes into the power center and through the fuse and then goes into a step down transformer The output of the transformer should be about 28 Volts AC. You should check the you have either 120 VAC or 240 VAC going into the transformer and that you have about 28 VAC going to the board.

The board changes the 28 VAC into about 40 volts DC. If you have 28 VAC going into the board and do not have 40 VDC coming out, the board is bad.

The voltage between the red and black wire on the connector (J7) going to the cell is about 40 volts DC.

As you say, it is likely the cell is dead, but the above is a troubleshooting guide.
mknauss, thank you for the help.

Looks like it is the circuit board. My measurements showed 266 VAC going into the transformer and 31.7 VAC going into the circuit board. The voltage out (red and black) is only 27.8 VDC . Based on that, I'll try a new circuit board first.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.