No Drain Acid Wash On New Pebble finish

tamicherrie

May 3, 2021
Northern CA
Moved from here.
It is 2021, so I’m not sure if anyone is still reading this forum. I had my pool resurfaced with pebbletec. The contractor did an acid wash 48 hours after applying the surface. He did not expose all of the pebbles, so it looks like I have patches of concrete all over. I complained. They had me drain it, came back and acid washed it again. It is much better but there are still large area where the “plaster-concrete” (I’m not sure what the pebble is set in) was not removed. I really don’t want to drain my pool a 3rd time. Does anyone know if a no drain acid procedure will remove the concrete over the pebbles, or does it only work on calcium.? Thank you for any information.ABE4AAF5-E02D-461B-BBCE-15DABB87F971.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@tamicherrie I am absolutely not an expert on this, but I can tell you my experience. I had white spots all over my plaster and noticeable staining and discoloration. I used Jack's Magic Copper and Scale and it fixed both, but it gradually came back. I have high calcium levels due to the water in central Texas, so I think this is something that I'll just always deal with. Also I have been told that my plaster was installed improperly - fun.

I had the same issue in a new Pebbletec pool about 4 years abo. The company and Pebbletec technician came an did a "no-drain acid wash". In about 2-3 days the patches were gone and the pool looked perfect and even.

Reactions: GYPSY$
Sorry to hear of your dilemma. A no-drain acid wash may remove superficial staining from the pool surface but it won't dissolve plaster where its covering the pebble. It won't do your pool equipment any favors, either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.