No drain acid wash 1st time

Mar 28, 2017
Orange,CA
HI I decided to do a no drain due to major scaling. We put in the pool 3 years ago and I do the maintance. Still learing and found this site. Pool 13000 gallon salt pentair system.
At the moment I cant fine my before readings. After reading prior info on the site I dived right in . I turned off the system and added 6 gal's of acid. scrubbed and scrubbed. after 4 days I up'ed the ph level by adding 10 lbs of soda ash in stages, no change, added 4 boxes of borax in stages, not much in change, added 3 more boxes in stages and ph came to 7.2, Restarted the system and after 8 hours system reads as follows:
fac 3
tac 3
salt 2600
ch 500
cya 50
ta 150
ph 7.6
pho 1==
copper 0
iron 0

Any thoughts so far
I was going to add 28 ounces of acid to bring down TA. Figured its not a race and do it in stages to understand better. Thanks

Yes, Pool looks great. Surface is clear. Just need to fine tune it. Lower the TA and drain some water to help the CYA. Giving it a few days to settle. Was told I should put in 3 quarts of conditioner. Not sure if that is correct.

Can you please clarify what you mean by conditioner? If it is (guessing) a floc/coagulant/clarifier product no, but please hold off until we know for sure what you mean. Likely, we will advise against it, but I don't want to guess or assume further.

I went to Leslies for a better testing. They said I need to add instant pool water conditioner, approx 64 ounces they said to add. I do have the 5 way test kit. Since Im new I figured it would be better to have a pool store confirm. Still learning all the testing. Thanks for the help. I know I need to swap out some water and I was waiting for this weekend to do. For Chlorinating I assume my salt gen is doing it. But when needed I add Chlor Brite Granular Chlorine.

update went and updated my testing with a cert pool man. readings as follows
fac 7.5
tac 7.5
salt 3000
cya 60
ta 110
ph 7.6
pho 200
I Was told to add 1lb 1oz of Leslie' s Chlorine Neutralizer to bring the FAC level down. Any thoughts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.