NJ Pool Builder recommendations

balubalu

Jul 31, 2020
New Jersey
I'm in the Central NJ (around Princeton) and I'm looking for recommendations on Pool builders..we are looking to do a 20x40 pool with no spa..and tbh the 2 quotes we have received thus far have left me scratching my head a little bit.
For one..they dont have the level of detail I see on other quotes here, and for another they were both for around $70k for the pool only, which I think is on the high side. I tried to ask one of the PBs about a pebble tec finish and he said that was an extra $15k .

I am not dead set on concrete at this point...

Any recommendations for Pool builders in Central NJ?

Has anyone here gone the route of buying a kit online and hiring someone to install it (Fiberglass or Vinyl)?

I can vouch for jimmy. He is very knowledgeable and has helped me on the site many times.

Thanks..I see your pool was DIY..does that mean you were your own GC or did you do the. actual work of building the pool? Would you do it again? I see (vinyl) pool kits that cost well under $20k which PBs are quoting close to $50k to build
I did some and subbed some out. Not sure if I would do it again...yet. I’m not running water so not sure. 20k is the start. It will be more when you factor in other components and depends on what type of pool and extras you want. The online pool sellers sell you the very basic, you will need more to get the pool up and running.

A 20x40 is a large pool. 70k for gunite is in the ballpark for a nice pool. there is a premium for concrete pools in NJ. If were talking just pool amd nothing else then it's high. You have to compare apples to apples when getting bids. Many of my pools are cheaper than the landscaping/decking/water features that surround them. And yes plaster is expensive here but 15k additional is a little much for that size pool should be about 9k with the basic plaster credit back

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.