Silver Supporter
May 30, 2020
Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I replaced the power cable in hopes that it would revive our robot. But that doesn't seem to be the solution. In the water, it turns on, the blue sensor light comes on, and it moves for maybe 10 seconds then just dies. The sensor light doesn't come back on and it just sits there. Any thoughts on what else to replace? Or at this point, am I looking at just saving up and replacing?

I don't really know it's age, it came with the house. The owner didn't leave us any warranty info so I assume it's outside of warranty. I wonder if I can find the manufacture date anywhere. The power supply box I think runs about $250 and that's where I'm wondering if it's just becoming the point to buy new.

Good luck, the unit has a 2 yr warranty, but it is not transferable maybe get the old owner to call it in. My M600 is doing the same and it is/was the cable (water intrusion in swivel, broke wire), new 18m cable run from $150-$250.

Last edited:
I replaced the power cable in hopes that it would revive our robot. But that doesn't seem to be the solution. In the water, it turns on, the blue sensor light comes on, and it moves for maybe 10 seconds then just dies. The sensor light doesn't come back on and it just sits there. Any thoughts on what else to replace? Or at this point, am I looking at just saving up and replacing?

Only 2 possibilities: Power Supply or motor. More likely a power supply. Any friends or neighbors who will let you borrow one to verify?

Called Maytronics and based on serial number, warranty expired May 2019. Also, the places locally who service them will only service what they sold and I have no way of knowing where it was purchased. The cost of motors and power supplies are half the price some models so I might as well just start saving for a new one. Too bad I can't return the new cord I bought. Oh well, first world problems - my pool robot is busted. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.